Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 09:26 AM   #51
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
ok, I will vote you as president next time!
A very smart person does not want to be president!

Mark

Old 09-16-2001, 09:26 AM   #52
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sorcerer Alex:
Prevention is the only way to end this. They are ALWAYS going to be terrorists, no matter who you kill. You can get rid of Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Yassar Arafat - anyone you want, they will always be replaced by someone who shares the same views. You can always improve security - be much stricter with who you let on planes, have everyone searched properly, heck, even have armed police on board - at least then you *know* you're safe.

Armed police wouldn't be a good deterent. People that pigeonhole for 20 years could easily get something past them. Plus, if they are in the industry, would know who the sky marshall was. The only thing that you KNOW when you have someone armed in the skies is that there is someone ARMED on board. Security is only good for those people that would be intimidated by it.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 09:26 AM   #53
Dramnek_Ulk

Yassar Arafat is not a terrorist. He has a nobel peace prize i dont think they would have awarded it to some one who took part in terrorism.

[This message has been edited by Dramnek_Ulk (edited 09-16-2001).]

Old 09-16-2001, 09:27 AM   #54
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker:
An unbreachable door to the pilot's cabin would have been helpful in connection to the most current crisis.

Mark

I agree with you there. Having better security definitely helps. Course if the pilot should happen to be the terrorist, we'd really have a problem, wouldn't we?

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 09:27 AM   #55
skywalker
Banned User

Teach the Flight Attendants self defense!

Mark
Old 09-16-2001, 09:28 AM   #56
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
ok, I will vote you as president next time!

That's probably for the best anyways. I'm foreign born so would not be able to become president. I second the vote for Skywalker as pres. Hey, that even sounds good.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 09:29 AM   #57
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:

I agree with you there. Having better security definitely helps. Course if the pilot should happen to be the terrorist, we'd really have a problem, wouldn't we?

There is always a problem for every solution! I never thought of that Tobbin!

Mark
Old 09-16-2001, 09:29 AM   #58
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
The way to remove the roots of the tree that creates terrorism is to look at why they do it, in this case the USA has done something to upset people, so the logical way is to change the way USA is acting towards these people (within reason)
I saw the kudos post futher up and I try to keep myself civil... BUT BS!

What did the US do? Bin Laden hates the US because we were allowed into Saudi Arabia during the gulf war. What did we do when he considers us to be infidels? Why because we support Israel? What country has tried the hardest and spent the most money trying to bring peace to a people WHO HAVE BEEN KILLING EACH OTHER SINCE THE OLD TESTAMENT! I have muslim friends here in Germany and Back in the states. That wish the US would do even more to stop the hatred! So tell me

WHAT DID THE US DO TO THESE B*STARDS? WHAT DID WE DO? We were born American thats what we did wrong!

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 09:30 AM   #59
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Teach the Flight Attendants self defense!

Mark
Another excellent suggestion. After all, they believe that the 4th plane (Penn) was able to be taken back after someone heard the news about the towers via cellphone. It's really sad that they were killed brutally like they were.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 09:30 AM   #60
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
An unbreachable door to the pilot's cabin would have been helpful in connection to the most current crisis.

Mark
chances are, if you can open that door, then it can be breached