Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2001, 09:26 AM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

Memnoch....you know what? I understand completely where you're coming from....last week I went on Friday and Saturday but not Sunday as well LOL. ANd yes I do get bored of it....I've been clubbing since I was 16 (hehe being tall has its advantages cos they think you're older)...hehe yesterday I got away with being 25 cos that was the age limit in one club (there are 2 joined together there so you can go in both if you're 25 or only in one if you're 19-25). So yeah I tend to got through cycles.....and I got bored if it around age 18 then didn't go for MONTHS. Then started going again and yesterday I went to this place for the first time in ages and they had refurbished etc and played better music than before that's why it was so cool. I guess I'll go for a few more weeks then lay off in the exam period.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

It's always good to take a break now and then, you get a chance to purge your body of all toxins (nicotine, alcohol, etc) and get healthy again. I found it was getting really monotonous after a while, it was very routine, same old, same old. You really do have to love dancing to go clubbing - it's all about dancing. Great for your abs! If I'm not in a boogie mood I'll go to lounges - which is where you REALLY meet people. In a nightclub people are usually too drunk or off their face to maintain a conversation - you're less likely to pick someone up at a dancefloor than on the fringes of the dancefloor or in chill out areas (that's what I've found anyway, it's how I met my gf). To pick up a total stranger on the floor itself - you need to be a damn good dancer or have that chemistry just right because you won't really be doing much talking.

Old 11-11-2001, 09:36 AM   #22
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hehe I've picked up a total stranger once or twice......but every time turned out not to like them really for one reason or another (turned out to be smoker etc. -I don't smoke)......ok I used to be much shyer when I first went and would never have dreamt of going up to dance with a girl I didn't know.....but I've got more confidence now and I'm not that bad a dancer

Problem with clubs around here is that they're so loud that there really aren't any quiet areas in many of them. So if you wanna pull you have to do it on the dance floor. You gotta be careful though......I've got a mate who ALWAYS wants to pull and even if he still has the girl from a different week calling him he wants someone new......sometimes he is successful.......but the point is u gotta be careful cos you get a bad reputation at university....everyone takes the piss out of him behind his back for trying too hard and being a "schlag"

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-11-2001, 09:41 AM   #23
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:

Oh and Memnoch, also about getting home at 3am......this is England...what do you expect? Most clubs shut at 2, 3am if you're lucky except for maybe in London (which is not where I'm at ). Now in the summer when I was in Budapest......yeah didn't go till 1am and stayed till 5/6am. Was pretty knackered after that though....you can't keep that up for ever.....only a few nights in a row.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Vaskez ]

I didn't realize they didn't stay open till late except in London. I've been to Ministry of Sound a few years ago and that was open till 6 am. Most clubs here in Sydney will be open till 6 am (the serious dance ones, anyway). Some are open till 10 am. Lounges tend to close at 4 am. But there are quite a few that are introducing dayclubs (open all through Sunday day). I always used to be surprised when I'd meet English people out and they would be raving about how late things are open here till - I thought it was all like London. But these days I'm perfectly happy to start earlier and finish earlier - you get to enjoy Sunday that way, rather than stumbling out of a club at 10 am. No matter how they look inside the club, people do NOT look that glamourous at 10 am on a sunny Sunday all sweaty in in their party gear, at a time when joggers are jogging past and other people are walking their dogs.

Old 11-11-2001, 09:49 AM   #24
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hehe the city I live in is only about 190000 people. The good thing is that about 25000 of those are students during term time Not bad eh? A true student town. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2001, 09:53 AM   #25
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Hehe the city I live in is only about 190000 people. The good thing is that about 25000 of those are students during term time Not bad eh? A true student town. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Those ones are the best.

Old 11-16-2001, 12:59 AM   #26
Pangur Ban

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
[QB)

I'm going to Gatecrasher here in Sydney in December.

Gatecrasher - The Summer Sound System 2001

when: Saturday 1 December, 1pm-9am
who: De La Soul (live), Doc Martin, Endorphin (live), Green Velvet (live), Hybrid (live), Infusion (live), Way Out West (live), Lucien Foort, James Lavelle, Lisa Lashes, LTJ Bukem & MC Conrad, Luke Slater, Masters At Work (5-hour DJ set), Matt Hardwick, Meat Katie, Recycled Loops (Umek & Valentino), Roni Size & MC Dynamite, Sander Kleinenberg, Scott Bond, SJ & Baby Doc (live), Tall Paul & more to be announced, with locals Ajax, Alex Taylor, Ben Korbel, Biz E, Goodwill, Jumping Jack, Kate Monroe, Kid Kenobi, Leah, Steve Mallinder, Mark Dynamix, Nick Toth, Nik Fish, Nubreed (live), Pee Wee, Simon Caldwell, WET Musik (Will E Tell & Simon Digby) & many more.
what: 20,000 people will meet at Gatecrasher the Summer Sound System at Sydney Showgrounds to dance through the day & into the night in 6 different arenas, to 50 of the world’s greatest DJs & live acts. To raise the temperature then watch the sun go down. To meet new friends & hear new sounds & see new things. To feel different & alive. Then to chill & smile. (18+ only)
worth: $99 + bf. Tickets on sale now!
where: Sydney Showgrounds at Olympic Park
[/QB]

Hey, Mem ...

Are you getting The Big Day Out in Sydney ????
Just got my ticket for the Melb BDO, Australia Day, 2002, 92 kittenz.
( I never thought I'd get the chance to see New Order live .... )
I've been into dance music for years but this will be my first ever rave event ... I have no idea what to expect but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it !! [img]graemlins/kittynow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kittynow.gif[/img]

Also taking the rest of that week off as a precautionry measure ...
Old 11-16-2001, 01:19 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:

Hey, Mem ...

Are you getting The Big Day Out in Sydney ????
Just got my ticket for the Melb BDO, Australia Day, 2002, 92 kittenz.
( I never thought I'd get the chance to see New Order live .... )
I've been into dance music for years but this will be my first ever rave event ... I have no idea what to expect but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it !! [img]graemlins/kittynow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kittynow.gif[/img]

Also taking the rest of that week off as a precautionry measure ...

I was at the last Big Day out when someone died due to suffocation when Limp Bizkit came on. It was pretty rough in there, I must admit. I haven't thought about the next one yet. It should be good though - if they can get a bit of crowd control happening.

Old 11-19-2001, 01:07 AM   #28
Pangur Ban

So, what tips can give about going to one of these events ??
Old 11-19-2001, 08:01 AM   #29
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Pangur Ban:
So, what tips can give about going to one of these events ??

Tips?

1. Make sure you drink lots of water if you're going to be dancing because you'll dehydrate a lot more quickly in the sun. Mix up the water with the amber liquid so that you at least replenish your body fluids. Raves are like 7-8 hour high-intensity aerobic workouts.

2. If someone offers you some wizz or Peruvian flakes, say no - it could be ice (crystal meth) which can cause major strokes, or it could be OMO washing powder (which will poison you). Say no to drugs! It's always the best and most sensible approach and will keep you out of trouble. BUT if you decide to do so anyway - special day and all that - make sure it's from someone you know and trust - the St John's Ambulance volunteers have enough to worry about without having to about someone who's having a bad trip. And KNOW YOUR LIMITS. Tell your friends this - it could save a life.

3. If you're there during the day, bring lots of sunscreen.

4. Try and keep away from major crowded areas like the front of the mosh pit unless you have a death wish or are built like the Rock. Mosh pits look like fun from the outside but are anything but inside.

5. Turn on, tune in, groove away! And have fun, of course. Straight, drunk or whatever, if you like music, and are with friends, you'll enjoy yourself.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 11-19-2001, 06:14 PM   #30
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Advice from the big homie Memnoch! Take heed, traveller!