Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2001, 11:02 AM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Why is Bush so cocky? Why all the threats and confidence that he could wipe out the entire terrorist fleet? DO they have something in store? Or is it just hollow threats hoping that it would someday get into the Talibans and just surrender which is an almost impossible thing to do... hmmm

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2001, 11:33 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
Why is Bush so cocky? Why all the threats and confidence that he could wipe out the entire terrorist fleet? DO they have something in store? Or is it just hollow threats hoping that it would someday get into the Talibans and just surrender which is an almost impossible thing to do... hmmm

they did a calculation based on:
IF the terrorists come out their hide holes, AND form columns begin marching
THEN we will wipe out their entire fleet

well, there is nothing wrong with his logic, except he starts at a wrong place. bad assumptions. at least the way he thinks is still intelligent enough

P.S.
my post is not based on fact, just a good laugh
250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 02:11 AM   #3
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Umm.. err... yeah, but seriously man. I mean Bush seems too confident to my liking now.... as if nobody can really beat the crap out of America... Even if it is a matter-of-factly, I'd rather not him boast too much about it...

------------------

Mithril Cavalier of ALSB
You almost had me? You never had me! You never had your car! It is not about winning by a mile or by an inch, its about winning.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 02:15 PM   #4
domingo
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:

I think he is just trying to boost moral in a country that has never really had some of these problems before. ..... and they actually have started their campaign and are doing a dang good job of taking out Taliban targets (except for one missed missile I heard about ... very sad ) And I do belive they have some more stuff up their sleeve they just aren't going to announce what their plans are before they put them into action .... just my 2 cents

------------------
You can only call someone something so many times before they become that which you did not wish them to be!
Bad things happen to bad people!

Founding Father of TLFB
domingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 07:22 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

President Bush says somethings with the intention of pleasing our allies, and somethings to boost moral at home. He also says somethings to intimidate our enemys.

Before anyone says, "well which one is true?" They all are! They're just geared at different audiences.

Personally, since we've heard terrorists says they can't be stopped for the last generation and after what happened 09-11-01, I'm not sure why it would bother you hearing the leader of the US saying we've had more than enough, you've gone too far, and now you can't stop US.

I hope he proves the point beyond any shadow of a doubt, then I hope the world can come together for peace. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Even in a world that desires peace, there is a price to pay for evil.

------------------

"The Martyr" (excerpt)

There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;
But the People in their weeping
Bare the iron hand:
Beware the People weeping
When they bare the iron hand.

--Herman Melville (written after the assasination of President Abraham Lincoln)

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-15-2001).]
Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 08:06 AM   #6
Garnet

Quote:
Umm.. err... yeah, but seriously man. I mean Bush seems too confident to my liking now.... as if nobody can really beat the crap out of America... Even if it is a matter-of-factly, I'd rather not him boast too much about it...

It's possible that *someone* could whup on the US, I suppose. But not likely (for too long!)

Bush is like the farmyard rooster--gotta strut around and doodle at everybody just to prove he can. Good thing is that his natural tendency to do so fits neatly into what everyone else is saying--it helps to raise the morale of the country and of the allies.

Garnet