Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2003, 06:07 AM   #1
Jim
Quintesson

I use an Abit NF7-S with onboard Nvidia Soundstorm, but the sound seems to be screwed. It's fine for the first 10-15 minutes when you play the game, but then it becomes choppy and laggy, with about a 1 sec pause between you clicking a button and hearing the corresponding sound. Might not sound like much of a problem, but it gets very annoying, and the music frequently tends to stutter.

I've only recently started playing NWN again (sicne SoU came out), so this is the first time I've played it on my new system. I'm using the latest nForce drivers - which actually stated in their fix list that the sound in NWN had been improved/fixed!

Does anyone else have this problem and know of a patch/fix that will resolve it?

[ 08-14-2003, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2003, 09:41 AM   #2
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

I do not have your sound card I have something you might want to try. Run C:\WINDOWS\system32\dxdiag.exe. Go into the sound part and run the tests. If there is a problem it should tell you. Also try updating to the newest version of directx which is 9.0b. Also what patch level are you running in NWN? You might also want to see if Abit has a bios upgrade. The only reason I say this it that it is built on to your motherboard. I would bet that only has a 5% chance of fixing it though.

Granamere

One other thing. Right after it happens exit the game and look in Event Viewer. The reason I say this is because I just had my video card go bad on me. I was running XP and from time to time it would hang. I found out when reading event viewer that it was either a video driver or hardware problem. After reloading and the problem not going away I put in a new card and all things are much better now.

[ 08-14-2003, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote