Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2001, 05:17 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

I know you've been expecting this.

I just like to wish my Australian friends (and Memnoch, Davros and Yorick [img]smile.gif[/img] ) a very good mourning. (Dons black armband in sympathy)

Where shall I begin. England 21 Australia 15. A trouncing of the Rugby Union world champions. Some small minded people are carping because we didn't score any tries. Well how can you when the opposition are repeatedly breaking the rules in order to slow the game down. Australia were forced into making errors by the tidal wave of attacks from the men in white. George Smith - who's he then, was he playing?

(Takes a couple of minutes to calm down a bit after rant)

Then to sunday, Great Britain 20 Australia 12. This was Rugby League, a somewhat different sport to Rugby Union. In Rugby League the idea is to stamp on your opponent's face while he is on the ground in order to give him 10 stitches. That sort of brutality should be left to your football team [img]smile.gif[/img]

If only your cricket team was here, we could have had a hat trick. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Australian sport brought down to earth with a bang, happy days!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-12-2001, 05:23 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I know you've been expecting this.

I just like to wish my Australian friends (and Memnoch, Davros and Yorick [img]smile.gif[/img] ) a very good mourning. (Dons black armband in sympathy)

Where shall I begin. England 21 Australia 15. A trouncing of the Rugby Union world champions. Some small minded people are carping because we didn't score any tries. Well how can you when the opposition are repeatedly breaking the rules in order to slow the game down. Australia were forced into making errors by the tidal wave of attacks from the men in white. George Smith - who's he then, was he playing?

G'day Donut! I'm not quite sure which rugby game you were referring to? I remember a hybrid soccer-rugby game between Tottenham Hotspurs (in white) vs the Wallabies on Saturday. The Spurs showed their genuine championship qualities with an awesome striker named Jonny Wilkinson who scored 7 goals. Sadly the Wallabies couldn't exorcise their rugby roots, scoring a brace of tries. They didn't realize that goals were the order of the day and so they missed a few.

I was very impressed with that Wilkinson, I expect Sir Alex Ferguson to be on the phone to him shortly - Man Utd need a partner for van Nistelrooy. If that falls through, I know of an AFL team called the Sydney Swans that would love to have him at centre-half forward.

Old 11-12-2001, 05:35 AM   #3
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

G'day Donut! I'm not quite sure which rugby game you were referring to? I remember a hybrid soccer-rugby game between Tottenham Hotspurs (in white) vs the Wallabies on Saturday. The Spurs showed their genuine championship qualities with an awesome striker named Jonny Wilkinson who scored 7 goals. Sadly the Wallabies couldn't exorcise their rugby roots, scoring a brace of tries. They didn't realize that goals were the order of the day and so they missed a few.

I was very impressed with that Wilkinson, I expect Sir Alex Ferguson to be on the phone to him shortly - Man Utd need a partner for van Nistelrooy. If that falls through, I know of an AFL team called the Sydney Swans that would love to have him at centre-half forward.

Far be it from me to tell you your job Memnoch but I read this on another victory for England thread. I understand it's against the rules to post the same message on different threads so I expect you to publicly admonish yourself (the hair shirt shoud suffice this time.)

Read my post again - the boys in yellow were cheating. If you played according to the rules we would have scored tries but you were deliberately killing the ball, time after time - you transgressed and dead-eye Jonny punished you. Never mind you should still win the series.

(What's that? There isn't any series, it was just a one off, but that means they can't get any revenge, surely not, that's not fair)

BTW I noticed they changed the words to the anthem, 'Retreat Australia Unfair' sounds more like it'

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Donut ]

[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-12-2001, 07:16 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Ahhhhh Donut, you don't disappoint after all. I was starting to have serious worries about your health my friend, what with the deafening silence that's been coming from your end of town of late . Good to see there's life in you and Staraflur yet .

Ah the football, pity that penalty wasn't awarded - would have been good to beat the French twice in the one year - what was that ref thinking. Looking forward to meeting your boys in the world cup ole bean - ear you have a pretty alright side too.

The Kiwi's nearly did an England as well (you know, to take advantage of an over sporting declaraion) and went close to cleaning us up in the cricket. A black weekend in sport all round really - couldn't even knock over Germany in the Champions Trophy.

Oh well, we have Leyton as world's number one, qualifying for the World Cup, and the Davis Cup Final all to look forward to this month (plus our usual string of success in the cricket). Life goes on .
Old 11-12-2001, 08:10 AM   #5
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And btw Donut - I think I spotted you at the match last week - they flashed up into your section of stand fpr a while. Unfortunately you were staring at the ground in dismay, so I couldn't be sure. 2-4, ugh, what happened
Old 11-12-2001, 08:34 AM   #6
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
And btw Donut - I think I spotted you at the match last week - they flashed up into your section of stand fpr a while. Unfortunately you were staring at the ground in dismay, so I couldn't be sure. 2-4, ugh, what happened

Another double post - I already saw this on anther thread, where are the mods? [img]smile.gif[/img]

No my cider spilling friend it was unlikely to be me because I sit behind the cameras. Anyway I tend to look to the heavens when I'm in dispair. No point in asking me what happened, I was there but I still can't believe that we lost, we had 27 attempts on goal & scored twice - they had five and scored four. That's life - next weekend we're playing the scum. Keep your fingers crossed that none of our Frenchies were injured in 'The Battle of Melbourne' [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2001, 08:54 AM   #7
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
[QB]Ahhhhh Donut, you don't disappoint after all. I was starting to have serious worries about your health my friend, what with the deafening silence that's been coming from your end of town of late . Good to see there's life in you and Staraflur yet .
[?QB]

Of course there is life in me yet, it just didn't feel like it yesterday otherwise I might have said more.

Anyway just managed to find out the rugby league score, not a bad result there either. *Joins with Donut in a 2 man mexican wave*

BTW Memnoch, I went to the same college as a certain Australian nemesis, and your comments about him joining Man U aren't far off. He was a great cricketer (by our standards anyway), quite handy with a basket ball and could hold his own at tennis amongst other things. He did rather well in his exams aswell - He's just one of those people.
We\'ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.\"<br />Robert Wilensky <br /><br />\"Why is there only one Monopolies Commission?\" <br />Screaming Lord Sutch<br /><br />If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?
Old 11-12-2001, 09:01 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Another double post - I already saw this on anther thread, where are the mods? [img]smile.gif[/img]

No my cider spilling friend it was unlikely to be me because I sit behind the cameras. Anyway I tend to look to the heavens when I'm in dispair. No point in asking me what happened, I was there but I still can't believe that we lost, we had 27 attempts on goal & scored twice - they had five and scored four. That's life - next weekend we're playing the scum. Keep your fingers crossed that none of our Frenchies were injured in 'The Battle of Melbourne' [img]smile.gif[/img]

Charlton Athletic to win the Premiership.

Old 11-13-2001, 05:56 AM   #9
Donut
Jack Burton

Bumping for the third head of Cerberus.

It's not like Yorick not to have an opinion.
Old 11-13-2001, 07:01 AM   #10
Davros
Takhisis Follower

LOL choke snort splutter - the 3 heads of Cerebus huh.... so which one am I - the first head, or perhaps the middle wise head?? Lucky I wasn't drinking anything when I read that .