Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2001, 12:37 AM   #1
WizardMen
The Magister

I just changed my Warrior to a Paladin and now he doesnt get any points to put on stats. Could someone tell me why this is happening?
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 01:57 AM   #2
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

he will only get 1 hp intill
he passes his old lv

------------------
T H A N K S
Eiz
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 03:08 AM   #3
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

Until he passes his previous level, he'll only get 1HP as he levels (but at least he'll get a spell). However, you can take him back to town each time he levels and buy new skills at the guilds. If he's a member of Warrior guild, he can buy Strength, from the Temple he can purchase Spirituality, from the Magic Shoppe, he can get Intellect. But once you start buying skills, IMHO you might prefer to buy better Sword skills, etc., since you have to spend so many skill points on these to reach higher levels.

I'm assuming you're pretty new to the game, because there's been much discussion on this topic on this and other boards. I've found it's a good idea for each character to join as many guilds as they can, as soon as they can. Your Paladin can join both the Warriors guild and the Temple Guild. There are some roles which crossover guilds - for example, your fighter-type person can buy role ascension to Samurai in the Warrior guild, then as a Samurai-in-training, he can join the Magic guild. Once he's joined, he can cancel the Samurai training and continue on as a Paladin, with the added bonus that he retains membership of the Magic guild and can train at the Magic Shoppe at each level, as well. He will still be able to train as a Samurai later on if you like, since he never completed the training before cancelling. Costs a bundle of money, but there's plenty of ways around that.

Have fun! This is a wonderful (and addictive) game.

------------------
Fantaghiro

[This message has been edited by Fantaghiro (edited 05-13-2001).]
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 10:40 AM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by WizardMen:
I just changed my Warrior to a Paladin and now he doesnt get any points to put on stats. Could someone tell me why this is happening?
To directly answer your question: you don't get any stats points to increase until you get your paladin to the last lvl of your fighter.

There is however a workaround:

1- once you changed to paladin (lvl 1), go to the town and reset the game.
2- you will notice that the fighter lvl as now dissapeared (the game doesn't remember you were a fighter)
3- go out, wack bad guys, climb the level ladder
4- now, you get stats points at every lvl.
5- change class (to paladin, ranger)
6- repeat from step 1.

If you do this, you can have all stats to 18 before you leave the Crypt plus, you can change to any role but your last one.

ie: if you plan of being a paladin by Skull castle, reset the game as a barbarian when you're ready to start for real.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 10:57 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ryanamur - Great tip!!!!

Thanks for sharing that with all the new players here! (good tip for old players here too for that matter! )

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote