Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2002, 06:30 PM   #31
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

You are welcome, Magik...and yes, only time will tell what this is REALLY all about...unfortunately...
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:41 PM   #32
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

OH! And Davros has a point...what kind of things ARE being suggested? I haven't caught any news on new legislation being suggested since this fool started shooting people.

I do agree that no new laws will solve the problem and that the only sensible solution is to make the punishments harsher for transgressing the laws that already exist. But I, too, am curious as to what people are suggesting be 'done' at this time.

P.S. - just re-read Davros post again - that is some SHARP point you got there, buddy. [img]tongue.gif[/img] *ouch* Watch where you're waving that thing!

[ 10-23-2002, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: DragonMage ]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 10-23-2002, 06:45 PM   #33
MagiK

Mostly it is meaningless drivel, but there are talks of posting more cameras to monitor people, more electronic monitoring of telephone and cell phone transmissions, registration of all people when they move into parts of town, and some stuff about immigrant documentation. None of it is too serious in my opinion and is mostly just people calling into WMAL and making suggestions on the air.

Old 10-23-2002, 07:21 PM   #34
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Majik, what are you doing with all this info?

Anyways, I wanted to tell you guys an incident happened today in Maryland off 270 area.
A bus driver reported a white box van had someone aiming a gun at the children. A pursuit took place but no apprehension again. This was fox's local report.
Has anyone heard of this today in any nation news form?

*\Conan/*
Old 10-23-2002, 07:42 PM   #35
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Also- Somekind of connection in Washington State, searching for something.
Old 10-23-2002, 07:44 PM   #36
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Exactly, tighter gun controls.

A shooting in England is extremely rare, we here about yours (USA) 10x more than ours. Probably more.
Your definition of "extremely rare" and mine seem to be off by several ordersof magnitude [img]smile.gif[/img] I think it was Epona who was telling us that it wasn't all that uncommon. I think you might want to do a comparison with population totals and area covered totals before you go making assumptions on that. Canada for example has 1/10th the number of gun related deaths as us, however, they have 1/10th the number of total people as well. [/QUOTE]I understand your point totally, and I do think I should retract my previous statement as it cannot be proven. But, I also think that it is a fair point to say, if guns were illegal over there like they are here, although thinks could still happen, they would happen less often.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:00 PM   #37
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
Majik, what are you doing with all this info?

Im compiling a list of subversives to hand over to the Trilateral Commission

Anyways, I wanted to tell you guys an incident happened today in Maryland off 270 area.
A bus driver reported a white box van had someone aiming a gun at the children. A pursuit took place but no apprehension again. This was fox's local report.
Has anyone heard of this today in any nation news form? *\Conan/*

The way WMAL reported it Im having doubts about the Bus Drivers report. I have a sneaky suspicion that the truck either cut him off or pissed him off some how so he swore they pointed a "weapon" at him. They didn't specify that it was a rifle or pistol or knife, just a "weapon"

Old 10-23-2002, 08:10 PM   #38
Donut
Jack Burton

I'm very confused about the search for the sniper. Apparently a house in Washington State is being searched by the FBI. What the hell is going on?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-23-2002, 08:13 PM   #39
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Andrew, the communications are happeneng over a phone line. The line they are using is for a number that the sniper specified, which the police rerouted to their command post, so all he has to do is call that number. He has asked for a toll free 800 number though, so Im guessing he is tired of the long distance calls.
Actually the number was specified by the person who left the note. It remains to be seen if this is the sniper.

Yorkshire Ripper syndrome.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-23-2002, 08:15 PM   #40
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Quite dismissive (am I surprised) with your phrasing and responses about the last question ole chum. Some specifics as to what is being proposed would make nice reading for those far away from the scene.

Hey, if you want to be open ended and non-committal to proposals - a law enforcing that all citizens be implanted with a continual monitoring (location) device would surely narrow down the suspects after just one or two events.
You've been drinking havent you? Errr so have I [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Moi aussi! I phoned in sick today - when the boss asked what was wrong I told him 'The voices told me it was time to clean the guns'. He didn't press me after that!!!