Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2002, 11:50 AM   #1
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

For fans of American football! Its the St Louis Rams and the New England Patriots this weekend in New Orleans! The line is Rams by 14( that will change a bit)What team would you like to see win? After the way NE handled Pittsburg sunday I think I'm pulling for them. They will have a hard time stopping "The Greatest Show on Turf" (the Rams) but hey they have heart. Hope Bradys back, hes better than Bledsoe. Also I'm severely hungover. Sometimes being Lord of Alcohol isnt alls its cracked up to be, but I shall strive on.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:53 AM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Pennsylvania football fans are in mourning today. LOL

I'm rooting for Brady and the Patriots. If Brady plays, the Pats have a chance. Otherwise, I would lay serious cash on the Rams to cover the spread. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 01-28-2002, 11:54 AM   #3
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

New England most definitly! They've never won one, while the Rams have. I like to root for the underdog most of the time, unless they happen to be playing my favorite team. That'd be the Colts BTW.
Old 01-28-2002, 12:02 PM   #4
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

The Rams beat my beloved Packers..Go New England!!
Old 01-28-2002, 01:02 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

New Englands been playing tough, if they can stop Marshall Faulk they have a good chance to win. But if they give that guy 3 steps he's at full speed and he's gone. The Packers screwed up by not using linebackers, they went with defensive backs. Faulk put a stop to that idea. Hope NE's ready for the show, I may bet on them. With the 14 of course! Damn I'm still drunk
Old 01-28-2002, 01:18 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
New Englands been playing tough, if they can stop Marshall Faulk they have a good chance to win. But if they give that guy 3 steps he's at full speed and he's gone. The Packers screwed up by not using linebackers, they went with defensive backs. Faulk put a stop to that idea. Hope NE's ready for the show, I may bet on them. With the 14 of course! Damn I'm still drunk

Marshall is un-Faulking stopable...lol.

I'm not really into sports, but I do watch the Superbowl, but usually by the time it's over I have to many beers and chips in my belly to notice who won

I know Patriot fans would love to see their team's 3rd trip to the Superbowl be the charm, but the Rams' are going for the 2nd time in 3 years, so I'm going with the Rams in the "Big Easy".
Old 01-28-2002, 07:22 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I quess Ide be cool if it ended up being a good game, but the Rams are just too good. I think the Rams will win and cover the spread. I know they didnt look that good last week, but you have to consider that they were kind of trying to take it easy on Warner because he was still pretty beat up. Theres going to be no holding back in the big show. If you think about how good they are at passing, plus you throw an awesome RB like Faulk into the mix and you have yourself one hell of an offensive football team, and we all know what their defense did this year(just kicked ass) So in other words the Rams are an unstoppable football machine, thats just going to whoop on NE in the superbowl. Rams by 17!!!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 07:34 PM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yes the Rams are good! And VERY fast, the speed on the offense is amazing! Still, I'm going for the Pats in this one. They likely wont win lol but what the hell [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2002, 07:46 PM   #9
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

quote:
Originally posted by *\Conan/*:
The Rams beat my beloved Packers..Go New England!!

LOL...I think the term you're looking for is Annhiliated. The Pack got nuked. [img]smile.gif[/img] Farve threw 5(!) picks, and, once the Rams eliminated him, it was over. The Packers have NO running game.

GO RAMS!!! I cant wait to watch the superbowl. I want the Rams to destroy NE. I have been rooting for the Steelers all season.

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 01-28-2002, 07:51 PM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Yes the Rams are good! And VERY fast, the speed on the offense is amazing! Still, I'm going for the Pats in this one. They likely wont win lol but what the hell [img]smile.gif[/img]

I always love watching the underdog win [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]