Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2004, 02:28 PM   #111
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Oh, yes, I call myself a gamer. But one can't be expected to play every game out there. Just an impossibility. Anyways, I wish I had something better to do, until 6. Oh, well, at least there's a block party later.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:05 PM   #112
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey everyone. I'm writing from my colleges computer lab [img]tongue.gif[/img] First day of my 3rd semester, wee!

Well things at home have been not so well. My dad did come home the day I left for the mountains. To keep things short-he came home with an empty suitcase because he was expecting my mom to throw him out. Mel is waiting for him in Memphis you see...anyway, he ended up staying because my mom wanted explanations and answers ect ect. So while I was talking to my mom on Friday he took the phone from her and said that they were back together and wanted to talk to me when I got home the next evening...
So next day, I'm home for maybe 20min max before he comes in, acting nice at first, then he just sets himself off and starts screaming at me, literally. In short, he grabbed my arm, shoved me down the stairs, pushed me out the front door, and told me to go find somewhere else to live...my mom got between us to try and defend me (she had told me earlier not to lose my temper, thinking my dad would be apologetic). When she did that he got even angrier and told my mom she had to pick either me or him...she said that was the deciding point for her not to take him back [img]tongue.gif[/img] However she didn't want him to do anything stupid so told me to go to my aunts house which is right down the road, but I went to my bro's instead where I stayed for 2 nights before my dad asked me to come back. Now he's having some guilt trip and bought me a laptop for my bday...without asking me, of course, so he wouldn't know I didn't want a laptop *sighs* I just wish he would leave, and so does my mom But I guess we'll find out this weekend whats going to happen
Old 08-24-2004, 03:23 PM   #113
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Well, I've already spoken to you over msn, so theres not much more I can say. Take care of yourself Jen. *big hugs*

*waves to everyone else*

Hello all. Just dropping by, as I occasionally do. How are all of you? Been up to much? Me, I've just been looking for a job and lazing about... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2004, 03:39 PM   #114
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Jen-sounds like it didn't really go all to plan. All I can say is good luck! Things will take there course.

Drew, unlucky about the TV mate, Im getting a new one on Thursday complete with surround sound, DVD player, the works! Its gona be great. Although I don't actually watch TV that much, but self indulgence is great!

Xen, glad to hear its only a toy monkey, I was really starting to get worried there for a second... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Have a nice day everyone.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:41 PM   #115
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Thanks Ross. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Good evning. I am eating some popcorn right now and then I will go out.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:46 PM   #116
dplax
Jack Burton

Sorry to hear, that you had to go through that. I had some pretty bad rows with my mum, while still at home, but nothing like what you spoke about. Hope everything gets settled soon! And remember, you always have an Ironworks Forum to turn to.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:23 PM   #117
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Damn, Jen, that's really not cool. I hope everything works itself out for you, soon, 'cause this is beginning to look pretty ugly. Good luck with everything! My prayers are with you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

That sounds sweet, Ross! Yeah, no tv, man. Sad days.... Anyways, it's not too bad, most of the time, but it was rainy and everything today, so that wasn't cool. Oh well, I'll look for some friends to hang out with, or just try to spam my way out of this PURPLE EGG HELL!!!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well, take it easy, everyone!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:11 PM   #118
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Jeez, Jen, that sounds awful. Had he been drinking or something? What a sendoff for college. *hugs*

CD, so you are going to join the workforce? Welcome to the world. It mostly sucks but there are good places in it.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:42 PM   #119
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Condolences, Jen...I'm a deist, and kind of unsure about the real power of prayer, but I do believe in inner strength reserves, and emotional support from others, and you certainly have both...only one of which I can offer, but you certainly have both...

Off to dinner...hope Blazer Cafeteria is good...

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 08-24-2004, 06:46 PM   #120
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
CD, so you are going to join the workforce? Welcome to the world. It mostly sucks but there are good places in it.
It seems like it. I kind of need money. For two things really, a) to fly *back* to Canada, and b) for if I want to continue my education.

I'm really thinking of taking a year or two out for work, getting some money, and then going back into education. Or possibly, some sort of work-based training, that'll train me up *and* give me some money. At least that way, I won't have wasted a year or two. At least, thats the plan.

As for the world sucking... yup [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Still, not all of it can suck, right? At least, I hope not...