Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2004, 03:14 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I went to Bioware's website and logged in to view some things, and under my profile it had this displayed:

- General Community Account (All Users)
- Neverwinter Nights Game Owners
- NWN: SoU Game Owners

It did not have anything about HotU, I noticed. So I went searching, found where I could enter in the CD key in and did so, and now I have NWN: HotU Game Owners added to my profile.

I have some questions about that.

1. Why did I have to do that, but the other keys were already there, though I had never before added them manually?
2. Before I did anything, the screen appeared this way:
================================================== =============================

Neverwinter Nights
Your CD key is registered [delete key from site]

Neverwinter Nights:
Shadows of Undrentide

Neverwinter Nights:
Hordes of the Underdark

================================================== =============================

Notice that I told you that when I got here, I saw this, before I entered anything in. See that it says that I have two keys registered, and I can delete key? Well...what I did was I clicked on one of the "deletes" and the screen pulled up to allow me to enter the key in manually. I did so, and then I returned to the page that looks like what I copied here...but only one key was now listed as registered.

Why? What? How?
Old 01-08-2004, 09:10 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

1. I think you can't have the key there without you adding it :S
2. maybe a bug? If I were you I'd email Bioware about it. Could be for teh first as well

Edit: perhaps it was so that playing online also adds the key.Your login for mp is the same as your forums account though I don't know why your HotU key wasn't there

[ 01-08-2004, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: philip ]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 12:03 PM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

well I thought I would have to add mine, but it just did it for me, and that was all 3 so you dont have to do it manually, it must have been a bug.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:46 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ok Larry how could your other keys be there if you never entered them in though? In order to post in the NWN's forums you must have a cd-key entered...
Old 01-09-2004, 12:40 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Smiley

I dunno. I thought that when I logged into Multi, it confirmed my key automatically, and since I had to create an account to log into Multi...the same login applies to the message board. Therefore, by my theory...HotU should have updated my registration on the bioware board upon my first visit to Undermountain. That is the only way that the other two keys got there.

[ 01-09-2004, 12:41 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-09-2004, 03:01 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
I dunno. I thought that when I logged into Multi, it confirmed my key automatically, and since I had to create an account to log into Multi...the same login applies to the message board. Therefore, by my theory...HotU should have updated my registration on the bioware board upon my first visit to Undermountain. That is the only way that the other two keys got there.
If you log onto Gamespy using the logon that you're using at the Bio forums, then your CD Key will be automatically stored. If not then you have to do it manually. If it didn't work it's probably a bug...I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think your CD Key's at risk.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote