Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

1) (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
-
-
Stronghold quests. Simply put, can you get more than one, i.e if i am a Fighter/Mage/Theif can i get Nalia's Keep, the Sphere, and Shadow Theif Gulild hall???

2) No Spoilers here, I just want to know the pertinance (did i spell that right?) of the Cleric/Druid spell Find Traps? Once the trap is found, can i dispell it or cast knock on it?? I don't see the point in the spell if all it does is Find Traps.....

Basically it just warns you that your gonna die if your walk into this room/open this chest?? Both of which could be crucial to the quest....Kinda pointless.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:52 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

1) No, you get options to choose one of them. Unless you have mods installed.

2) It only detects. It does not disarms. If it could disarm, Thieves would become utterly pointless in the game.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:17 PM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

1) If you are any combination of Mage, you can get two strongholds. *cough* cheese! *couch*

2) Yep. Only detects. Think about it. you could try stepping *around* the trap. But if it's a chest trap, well, save, and hope your saving throws work out
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:48 AM   #4
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

1) to expand on Dundee's post a little - ease of use mod has a multiple stronghold component

http://www.weidu.org/ease.html
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:56 AM   #5
Andraste
Manshoon

Another level 2 spell, Reflected Image, pretty much does for Disarm what Knock does for Open Lock. In my solo sorc game, I found that the trap always took out one of the reflections. I also had Stoneskin on 24/7 but I don't think it ever played a part. With the exception of one trap I never lost a single hit point to them.

In the interest of maintaining some excitment regarding traps, I won't mention which trap it was.
Andraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:24 AM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Andraste:
Another level 2 spell, Reflected Image, pretty much does for Disarm what Knock does for Open Lock. In my solo sorc game, I found that the trap always took out one of the reflections. I also had Stoneskin on 24/7 but I don't think it ever played a part. With the exception of one trap I never lost a single hit point to them.

In the interest of maintaining some excitment regarding traps, I won't mention which trap it was.
I don't think THAT trap was as exciting as much as it was... what's the word... Infuriating?

Also, there are some traps that, while they don't take away hit points per se, can confound a soloist until they come up with more creative ways around them. The promise of silver can entice a player until they are confronted with the unwanted consequences that even the most Intelligent of players are helpless against, eh?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:41 PM   #7
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

So your saying that i CAN have the theif stronghold ANDDDDD the planar SPhere?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:49 AM   #8
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
About two hours after i posted the reply above i went and beat Nalia's Keep

AND

i still got the Fighter stronghold even though i already have the theives guildhall....?

is that normal?
Old 01-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #9
Imrahil
Elminster

1) There's a "better" way to cheat to have all strongholds available to your classes without using the Mulitple Strongholds MOD, which grants you all strongholds regardless of your class.

After you get each stronghold you are "supposed" to get, use the CLUAConsole cheats & type in the following:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("PlayerHasStronghold","Global",0)

If PlayerHasStronghold is set to 1, you don't get offered a 2nd (or 3rd) stronghold, even if you qualify for it due to a 2nd class. If it's set to 0, you get offered the next stronghold you are qualified for, with no effect on your existing stronghold(s). This is a much better solution, IMO, for players who want all the strongholds that their classes qualify for, as opposed to the potentially buggy Multiple Strongholds MOD.

2) The Find Traps spell is slightly more useful than the Infravision spell.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote