Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 07:52 AM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

It's been awhile since I've last played Baldurs Gate 2, and since the holidays are coming up, I decided to run through the game one more time. Because I've already tried about every possible party configuration in the past, I decided to use some custom NPC's. After reading the reviews here on Ironworks, I was thinking of going with Keto and Kelsey. To make the game a little more challenging, I was also considering playing an all-spellcaster party. Furthermore: I'm considering using the Quest Pack, Unfinished Business and Ascencion. (hopefully, these are all compatible)
Any comments or suggestions? Including on which Bioware npc's I should take. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #2
Demonheart
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
To make the game a little more challenging, I was also considering playing an all-spellcaster party.
I don't mean to shoot you down, but this is likely to make the game anything but challenging, especially if you include Kelsey! I think it would be much more challenging to have an all-melee party, which will make those fights against powerful magic wielding enemies all the more dificult (read: frustrating). That's just my opinion though, hope it helps.

[ 07-12-2006, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Demonheart ]
Demonheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

There seem to be 3 extremes in this game.

Extremely Frustrating
Normal
Easy-a-rific [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Maybe you should try an "All Divine" Party. You could have conflicting clerics, one of Talos, Helm, Lathander... And maybe a paladin or druid. *Might* be interesting.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:39 AM   #4
IronDragon
Elminster

One of my more challenging tiems through the game was with a party of unloved NPC’s….NPC’s I never used or could not stand.

Cernd, Aerie, Jan, Kelsey, Haer’Dalis and me as a Dwarf barbarian. I ended up having a great time and I learned to appreciate Cernd, Aerie and Jan (you notice I did not learn to appreciate Haer’Dalis or Kelsey)
Old 07-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Those are some great ideas, thanks guys. Especially the 'unloved NPC' party sounds like it could be hillarious. Anyway, I'll get started tomorrow (if my disks still work, they're ancient! - I should really start making backups) - I'll let you know how it went. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:59 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Great! Good luck!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:03 PM   #7
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by IronDragon:
One of my more challenging tiems through the game was with a party of unloved NPC’s….NPC’s I never used or could not stand.

Cernd, Aerie, Jan, Kelsey, Haer’Dalis and me as a Dwarf barbarian. I ended up having a great time and I learned to appreciate Cernd, Aerie and Jan (you notice I did not learn to appreciate Haer’Dalis or Kelsey)
lol man [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I do have time for Jan, as for the rest of 'em I'd have my PC kill them off personally
Old 07-16-2006, 01:26 PM   #8
IronDragon
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Madman-Rogovich:
quote:
Originally posted by IronDragon:

lol man [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] I do have time for Jan, as for the rest of 'em I'd have my PC kill them off personally [/QUOTE]It was an annoying party really…but it became a real powerhouse of a party too. But then three mages (and a bard mage wannabe) tend to do that.

Cerd (despite having the personality of white bread, is a rather powerful individual. He moped the floor quite effectively with just about any monster we ran into.

Aerie (I worked very hard to resist the urge to kill her. She never ran out of spells but never quite achieved the tank status some here claim she can achieve.

Jan…well he died a lot…and I mean a lot. Liked the thieving skills he eventually gets.

Haer’Dalis. He was annoying…the whole bird thing. He never rally became effective as a fighter or as a sell caster or anything else really.

Kelsey. I know some people think this mod is well integrated into the game…but I don’t know why they think this. that aside this is one annoying individual. Next time I want a sorcerer I will take Tashia.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #9
IronDragon
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Those are some great ideas, thanks guys. Especially the 'unloved NPC' party sounds like it could be hillarious. Anyway, I'll get started tomorrow (if my disks still work, they're ancient! - I should really start making backups) - I'll let you know how it went. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Don’t let us know how it went. Let us know ho its going
Old 07-16-2006, 11:05 PM   #10
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

I've been in a lull for a while now with BG2. Maybe I'll do something similar to this, but also switch around the NPCs classes. I was directed towards a site where there are mods switching the NPC's classes around (I'll give a link if requested).

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote