Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 02:09 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

I actually lost interest in Big Picture when I saw that I might be able to make a perfectly content-filled professionally modded game without hordes of bugs or too serious balance.

Since the number of mods that I want to install is quite huge, I was wondering if you guys knew any incompatabilities between them. I'll write the 50+ megabyte mods that affect gameplay the most in all caps.

The mods I wish to install are the following:

CHECK THE BODIES V1.50,
QUEST PACK V1,
TORTURED SOULS 6.01,
Rogue Rebalances,
Ascension 1.4.19,
Improved Battles v5,
Baldurdash ToB Fix Pack 1.12
English-Language Game Text Update(what happens if multiple mods change the same dialogue, by the way?),
Improved Oasis II,
Longer Road 1.4.3,
Unfinished Business v13,
Item Upgrade v32,
Tactics v22,
Ruad v19

NPCs:

Neh'Taniel v2.1v,
Saerileth v1,
Yasraena v6,
Tsujatha v7

Thanks in advance. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Forgot to add a mod. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

[ 03-12-2005, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: uss ]
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:09 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

thats alot of mods.. thats why no one knows but you to try it out if all those mods will work together. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

read the readme. usually they tell you what works and what doesnt work

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 08:40 AM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

Yeah, read all the readme files. More or less all of them said "This mod should work with most other WeiDu mods."

It's been swell so far apart from the 4 hours of fighting Ilyich and reloading and then Chloe not working.

When I encountered Chloe, she was about to attack a Stone Golem. I had 3 dialogue options -
1. Assist her,
2. Say you don't care(you can assist her regardless),
3. Kill them both.

With the first two dialogue options, after killing the Stone Golem(which ever side kills her), Chloe does nothing. She simply doesn't react and when I try to talk to her, the board just says "Chloe- Has nothing to say to you" and she centers on the character who wanted to speak to her. The only way she reacts is when I attack her(though she responds in kind).

I didn't find any info on such a bug in the Forgotten Wars forums. It seems likely that some other mod messed the trigger up. Or something.

In any case, I'd be mighty glad for any advice regarding that bug. Is it possible to spawn her with CLUAConsole and try something from there? What's her code?

Thanks in advance. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2005, 12:21 PM   #4
Andyr
Manshoon

I don't know but it would probably be best to post at the Chloe forum if you have not done so already.
[url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net/\" target=\"_blank\">\"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see...\"</a> - G3: Home of IE mods<br /><br />[url]\"http://forums.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">Forums</a><br /><br /><i>JCompton:</i> Suggested plugs include \"Click here so Compton doesn\'t ban me. [url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net/ub\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pocketplane.net/ub</a> \"
Andyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 02:32 PM   #5
uss
20th Level Warrior

Okay, umm, I got her by enabling the CLUAConsole and pressing Ctrl+Q. Not sure if she's bugfree though.

In any case, soon after retrieving her, I went on to lvl 2 of the dungeon. In the room with four mephit portals, I found out that the two doors that lead to the next rooms(one leads to the room with the elf girl - wouldn't like to spoil; the other leads to a corridor with some Shadow Thieves fighting agains mephits) are both locked. And I don't mean Yoshimo-go-grab-me-some-xp locked, I mean u-can't-pass-here-noob locked.

It seems very possible that my current set of mods has messed up the game. For example, Aaqatah(the djinni with the button question) showed up for the second time to say "Well done! Some advice.." or something only after a NPC of mine got badly beaten up. Yes, the damage gain triggered it.

I have a theory(albeit not a very likely one) that the doors were locked because in the ordinary game, the doors are locked until the game aknowledges that you've seen that Khalid is dead. An argument for the theory is that Jaheira never started wailing "Nooo, Khalid!!" this time.

Does some mod expand CI and make those doors initially locked? Or were they locked and openable with a certain key before too(I don't really recall that, but eh, haven't played for months before now)?