Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 11:53 AM   #31
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
...And to those finding Ironworks really strange lately (in a technical way), I'm probably to blame. The form tag I used in my sig wasn't appreciated by some browsers and apparently messed up the view for some, it messes with the tables UBB makes. Sorry sorry sorry.

[This message has been edited by Grojlach (edited 10-11-2001).]
Damn, I really liked your sig. Didn't realise you were using HTML tags though.

------------------
Old 10-11-2001, 12:23 PM   #32
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

I will as well.. It HAS been stressful. For ALL of us, we just need to come together like we ALWAYS have, and try and have fun, read some of Father Bronze's posts and laugh our asses off..
I better get busy. I haven't been updating in a while

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-11-2001, 12:27 PM   #33
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

was Ironworks ever normal begin with? nah
nice to see new faces and old faces again!

------------------

HEY! get away from my homepage!!
You know who and what I am... what are you going to do about it?
Old 10-11-2001, 12:55 PM   #34
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

I am very sorry to hear about your mother Z. It's a terrible thing to go through.
I hope you know we are all praying for you and your family.
Take care and God Bless. Don't worry about us all too much. We will find our way back.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:23 PM   #35
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
J.J. - No, I haven't tried that, but I'll see if I have someone in the area who can do that. Or is it something you can teach someone to do at home? (i.e. - my Mom would be willing if it would give me relief.) I've been doing exercises to re-strengthen my lower back muscles and that has helped some, but it still gets me from time-to-time. I've considered trying acupuncture and/or going back to a chiropractor, but I didn't know if these would be good things for sciatica.

Also - responded to you and Azure in the Corruption Test thread.

Z: sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread there.
Hi DM, I missed this earlier, and then suffered an attack of moofies, blew me right off line. Yes, your mom, almost anyone can learn how to do it, and in your situation, i would recommend a book on Reflexology - Body Reflexology - Healing at your Fingertips. Mildred Carter and Tammy Weber - Reward Books is the publisher of the paperback one I have, it is truly the best reflexology book out there, imho. Rflxoly is also something that you can do for yourself as well, it is a simple set of steps depending on your needs.

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:37 PM   #36
Sigmar
Unicorn

Yeah, I miss the old days. Hope things go back to normal.

------------------
http://216.231.43.152/glade/cooltext1010394.gif
Sigmar knight of HADB and Lady Lioness
Old 10-11-2001, 01:53 PM   #37
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
DragonMage, I have had sciatica trouble for several years (moving a faculty members things during office remodeling) and a moderately hefty fender bender (try a Chevy Suburban truck rear-ending my little Nissan Sentra) about 11 yrs ago, aggravated the condition. I've done some therapy classes but got lazy and didn't follow up. Some days it can be pretty bad. I really sympathize with you!

JJ, is that a commonly found type of massage?

Cloudy

Cloudsylph, Reiki is generally available anywhere you can find more than two massage therapists to rub togetheryuk rather than tissue manipulation (swedish, rolfing, shiatsu, etc) Reiki is more akin to 'laying on of hands' - what it is is a degaussing, untangling of the chakra, or energy centers, of the body. with fibro, and to a lesser extent, sciatica, the pain comes from the nerves and nerve bundles firing randomly and constantly causing nonstop muscle twinge and contraction. fibro is an all over phenomenon, where sciatica is localized. in both, you want the energy of overstimulated nerves to be calmed, guided, re-energized into it's normal paths, instead of acting like electrical cords with alot of shorts, shooting muscle contraction commands wherever they please. I'feel' this activity as heat, and concentrate on 'pulling it' into the channels where needed. a mix of pulling taffy and spinning yarn, when the heat is gone, so is the pain.
as far as finding someone good and what to expect: Reiki is not a one-shot deal, and If you are just starting, you should actually schedule 2-4 'attunements' as close together as possible, because one of the great things about it is that the effect of sessions can be cumulative-no, should be! hhow to find the right therapist - yellow pages, local chamber of commerce, references, there are three levels of reiki mastery, what is really most relevant to you getting the most out of it is to actually do an 'aura check' allright - close your mouth and get back in your chair, I, me, JJ, has actually been caught using the phrase aura check in a serious conversation - they must be making snow balls in hell, LOLOLOL - but really, when you go to check them out, talk to them, tell them you know nothing about Reiki, but a friend suggested it, get a feel for them as a person. at some point, you have to know - hold out your hands comfortably in front of you, like a game of slap faster, and have them hold their hands hovering over yours - now just concentrate on your hands - can you 'feel' something? a warm wash of heat is a good indication, if it is a slight one, or continuous with a slight tingle, you have got someone who will 'resonate' with you and your energy system much better and sooner than otherwise.-time it took me to type this, you could have told - kinda a neat thing to do with friends as well, the differences in the way people project and recieve energy is endless. I hope that this info helps, Z, mucha apologies for 'degaussing' your original topic, but if everyone with frayed nerves tried the advice i have given, this place would be a blissed-out happy factory!lololol

------------------

[This message has been edited by J.J. (edited 10-11-2001).]

[This message has been edited by J.J. (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-11-2001, 02:50 PM   #38
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Thanks so much for the info JJ. It's much appreciated and I will start looking for someone in my area for sure. I'll also get the book you have suggested. My opinion being: I'll try anything at this point to feel better. You are a true gem (if a bit odd at times). and

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-11-2001, 03:10 PM   #39
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Thanks so much for the info JJ. It's much appreciated and I will start looking for someone in my area for sure. I'll also get the book you have suggested. My opinion being: I'll try anything at this point to feel better. You are a true gem (if a bit odd at times). and

a bit odd? guess I better stock up on my Geritol if thats all this mornings frenetic activity has garnered...yukyuk DM, was it you or cloudy who said they did not do their back exercises? might i suggest some yoga? - different types, i like the warm-up routine in what is generally called 'American Yoga' - a simple set of stances and positions you can do, no matter how bad your back is, or out of shaped you is. unfortunately, the only pics of the positions i have are printed in amagazine article i have had no success in xeroxing or scanning and getting anything useable. if you want the description and order of the warmu up- no need to 'warm up' b4 yoga, duh if you want it, email me, or I will start a post and put them in, you can ask any questions, and then save the 'ole thing, what? I'm going nowhere but crazy, cooped up with what could be a fun assortment of over the counter cold medicines, if i only knew what order to take them in. *sigh* ...back to the Edison model of experimentation, alas.

------------------

Old 10-11-2001, 03:18 PM   #40
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Did I say 'odd'? I meant DERANGED!!!! (better?)

Umm...that was Cloudy who doesn't do her exercises

I have looked into the possibility of Yoga, but wanted to make sure I wouldn't cause a problem. Sciatica scares me and I don't want to do anything that makes it worse. When you can't stand up past a 90 degree angle for three days, you don't want to do anything that might make that more permanent.

As to the order of cold medicines...I like to take them in order of the colors of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, blue, green, indigo, then violet. It's pretty that way! (you nutter!)

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*