Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2003, 05:21 PM   #1
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Ziroc and all others check this out it could make your first big step in programing for bioware or at least win using the EfU mod and add chapter 11 as the entry to Hordes! read rules below.

NWVault Module Contest
NWVault is hosting a contest for module builders to take
the players from the end of Shadows of Undrentide to the
beginning of Hordes of the Underdark, the second expansion
pack for NWN. Prizes!
--> http://go.bioware.com/nsl8/?linkgo=1&linkID=606

I coppied the imfo from the page below

IGN Insider Contest October :Hordes of the Underdark Pre-Module

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contest Details
We're looking for a module to bridge the Shadows of Undrentide expansion and the Hordes of the Underdark expansion. It should start off where SoU ends and should end in the area of Waterdeep to the North, where HotU *might* be starting, taking a 12th level player to level 15. If you need to know how SoU ends, check out this walkthrough by Orest. Voting takes place end of October. Thanks to Orik for the contest idea.
Notes:
You can use hakpaks if you choose to.
Documentation is recommended.
The modules should be uploaded to the modules section and email me the link to it's page.
Takes place after the events of Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide
Must use the Forgotten Realms setting.
The module should take the character from around the 12th level to 15th level.
Must include an item called the "Relic of the Reaper" which is found in the shadow realm. This item must be in the players possession at the end of the module.
Brent Knowles, Lead Designer had this to say: "Finding the Relic could either be the focus of the adventure (i.e., its what helps you escape, my preferred approach) or just something they find as a novelty. It shouldn't have any powers in the module (unless it is used to help you escape)."

Judging/Prizes
At the end of October all entries will be put to community vote
The top two entries will also each receive one year subscriptions to IGN Insider
Also one module will be picked by me for prizes supplied by BioWare.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules
It does not have to be brand new content. Anything you may have created is eligible. You can also use the work of other people with their permission. For example if you like a certain modules area, then ask the author if you can use it. Anyone using content without permission will be disqualified.
If you win a contest you cannot participate in future contests. This is so others can have a chance at winning.
If you don't win, you can re-submit your content as many times as you like if it fits the criteria.

GOOD LUCK Ziroc!

[ 10-12-2003, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 10-12-2003, 05:25 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

From 12th to 15th level.. if you solo all the way, you'll end up much higher then that. Z. would have to lower the amount of XP you get for each monster [img]smile.gif[/img]
On the other hand, HOTU contains area's that can be found in 'Undermountain' so it is unlikely this mod would be chosen.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 06:57 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
From 12th to 15th level.. if you solo all the way, you'll end up much higher then that. Z. would have to lower the amount of XP you get for each monster [img]smile.gif[/img]
On the other hand, HOTU contains area's that can be found in 'Undermountain' so it is unlikely this mod would be chosen.
Actually, Dreamster, I think I would have a VERY good change at it being picked. Reason is, in Waterdeep, THAT is where Undermountain is, and this could bridge the gap (going down through EfU's levels) to get to the Underdark area of the Hordes adventure. I seriously think It could mesh extremely well.

It seems on my EfU mod, when we get new people, 95% of the time, they come back for more. And of those returning, 49% of those visitors play daily or atleast 4 times in a week. So, I guess it's leaving a good impression with folks--I don't mean to sound full of myself. It's just what I see.

I may submit it, but only if it is directly to Bioware or IGN, and cannot be downloaded by anyone--reason being is I want to finish EfU to 15 levels, and it's taking more time than I thought.

Sounds good though!! Thanks CB!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 12:38 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I love the place, even tried a new char out there on Friday with roberthebard. Submit it if you can, Z! Why not?
Old 10-17-2003, 07:12 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

Go ahead and try it out! You'll never win if you don't try!!
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2003, 07:54 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

True enough. Don't forget to add the "Relic of the Reaper". [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote