Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2004, 09:54 PM   #1
Firetoad
Dungeon Master

Does this cloak have a use???? (spoiler)
~
-
-
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
--
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Gurke's Cloak in the Juggler Inn in Beregost
Non- Detection Cloak
It says it is so true seeing gems and the like don't work, but is there ever a time in Baldur's Gate/TSC that it becomes useful? I always give it to my theif anyway but it seems pointless. When your thief goes into stealth, enemy mages don't cast Detect Invisibility, and there are no true seeing gems, so is it just for looks?
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 12:20 AM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think it might change some factors involving stealth/hiding in shadows that we don't see.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 03:33 AM   #3
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, I've never found a use for it either, besides experience and gold. If you are poor, sell it. If you are rich, Id wear it anyway just in case Lord is right. Better safe then sorry!
-Brainless One
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 06:16 AM   #4
Norin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, I started my solo thief of with the minimum in stealth and never raised untill a good while after the cloak, and I got good results out of it. Without the cloak I could nigh never hide in the Shadows and now I'm making backstab attacks all the time...
Old 01-04-2004, 12:00 AM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Non-Detection will shield a character in Stealth (NOT Invisibility) against such spells as Detect Illusions--instead of revealing the character, the Divination spell will only cancel out the Non-Detection spell. This does not really protect against the spells of True Sight and True Seeing, however, since because the first "wave" of the spell cancels your Non-Detection, the second wave will make you visible. Therefore, only ITEMS that confer permanent Non-Detection are of any real use.

However, all of this is a rather moot point in this forum, because NONE of the spellcasters in BG1 use any type of Divination spells anyway (unless, perhaps, when using BGT or BGtutu), so the Cloak is completely and utterly worthless in BG1.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:29 AM   #6
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Power players note to himself: Need to sell that cloak and buy some better stuff

BTW: Does anyone know if the same goes for the DSotSC MOD?

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane