Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2002, 04:45 PM   #11
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

What? You mean I'm not? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You youngster! Need to learn some respect for your elders! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And no, I won't start that discussion again, you've already heard me say it enough times....

But it IS true though, this place used to be a lot more fun and a lot more active.

Hehehe, sorry about that Nebster.
But its no use living in the past, lets make the place as nice as it once was [img]smile.gif[/img] And lets try not to flame in this no-flaming thread
Old 01-30-2002, 04:47 PM   #12
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Really, guys! Come on and lighten up! In the past week, I can't name how many threads I've been in where people are grousing at one another, complaining about other people's sigs (we're working on that, BTW), acting snotty when someone asks a simple question or makes a request, making editorial comments when someone makes a post, taking high-handed, officious attitudes with other members...I mean, really! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

I wonder why?
I mean, it can't be just beacuse of the recent increase in discussions/arguements, can it?
Although there didn't use to be this many discussion threads..
Hell, I don't know..it's a shame, though..

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Sir ReGiN ]

Old 01-30-2002, 04:48 PM   #13
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

WARNING: SERIOUS POST:

Don't worry, it'll be REALLY active once NWN is out.

Unless of course NWN turns out to suck totally, PoR2 was supposed to be a great game as well, but it sucked royally.
Old 01-30-2002, 04:53 PM   #14
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

quote:
Really, guys! Come on and lighten up! In the past week, I can't name how many threads I've been in where people are grousing at one another, complaining about other people's sigs (we're working on that, BTW), acting snotty when someone asks a simple question or makes a request, making editorial comments when someone makes a post, taking high-handed, officious attitudes with other members...I mean, really! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

What happened to the friendly environment we used to have in here? I certainly hope this isn't the way those of you who are doing this treat people in RL.

Now let's lighten up, or I'm going to start a "Random Acts of Kindness/Senseless Acts of Virtue" thread. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Over and out,

Sooo...would I get beaten with a wet noodle if I voiced the opinion that people were just too whiny and oversensetive? Just curious. And, for the record, I'm *not* voicing that opinion, I'm just asking about the possibility of noodle whipping. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hmmmmmmm...how about a 'The Collected Works of Barney D Dinosaur' thread? Too cruel??

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 01-30-2002, 05:04 PM   #15
Konfuzed and Zany
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
In the past week? Hm, I've been noticing a non-IW-ish atmosphere around here for a couple of months now....

So how long have you been here then?

Honestly
I liked it better before (like a year ago)
Now the rules are to strickt
we can't do anyhting anymore
I can understand why since it's become a large community now
not that small group of 20+ folk just chattin
But the "Forced niceness" leads to irritation
just my 2p
Old 01-30-2002, 05:08 PM   #16
Lord Shield

What happened to that Siege I started? That would ahve brought people together - nothing like besieging GD with ludicrous demands to keep spirits up [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2002, 05:14 PM   #17
Neb
Account deleted by Request

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
What happened to that Siege I started? That would ahve brought people together - nothing like besieging GD with ludicrous demands to keep spirits up [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah, in the OLD DAYS it'd have been done and we'd have had fun, now it just got moved and noone got to have much fun....
Old 01-30-2002, 05:24 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:

Sooo...would I get beaten with a wet noodle if I voiced the opinion that people were just too whiny and oversensetive? Just curious. And, for the record, I'm *not* voicing that opinion, I'm just asking about the possibility of noodle whipping. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hmmmmmmm...how about a 'The Collected Works of Barney D Dinosaur' thread? Too cruel??

Excuse me folks... *drags Nacht off and shows him what noodles can do while singing a collection of Barney songs* [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

sometimes you just gotta give 'em what for, Sazzie.

AngelEyes
Old 01-30-2002, 05:30 PM   #19
MagiK

quote:

What happened to the friendly environment we used to have in here? I certainly hope this isn't the way those of you who are doing this treat people in RL.

Now let's lighten up, or I'm going to start a "Random Acts of Kindness/Senseless Acts of Virtue" thread. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Over and out,

Hmm ive only been on a couple of threads so I don't know for sure what your talking about specificly, however [img]smile.gif[/img] the poking and prodding I have seen jsut seem like regular family squabbles to me...maybe Im just used to a disfunctional family All I know is if anyone EVER feels like Im being rude or picking unfairly all that ever needs be done is a simple PM pointing out the offense and Ill back off. I can be stubborn and I can be prickly but I will never intentionally hurt someones feelings. I give as good as I get (I hope) but rarely take it to heart..then again I dont think Ive been directly confronted with any of the things you have mentioned.

I am worried a bit though, maybe some of us "newbies" aren't of the same cut of cloth as you more senior members...some of us are less liberal and more conservative (in US political lingo) or maybe its an age thing....don't know..all I know is I hope my presence isnt driving anyone off.

Pax

Old 01-30-2002, 05:30 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

And for the rest ... I like the old days just fine, but constantly bemoaning the fact that we don't have certain people here or aren't doing certain things is counterproductive.

Saz, I know what you mean! I've seen members take on pseudo'mod' hats and start telling others what to do and how to do it without a solitary thought for politeness or propriety.

FWIW-- Discussions can be heated and that is NOT a problem in so long as all the parties involved maintain some level of respect in their posts. You don't need to agree with me, but you do need to avoid calling me names or flaming me because you might be losing an argument.

*Thumps Vaskez...just cuz he's here and she likes the idea.* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cloudy