Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2003, 02:03 PM   #21
WillowIX
Apophis

I agree with Epona 100%! It's up to you to decide if it was the right or wrong thing to do. If you feel it was the right thing you did, well then that's that, period! After all it's your emotions we are talking about, not anybody elses!
Old 10-30-2003, 02:16 PM   #22
Raistlin Majere
Ra

I think, if i were in your place, I would become immensly paranoid about her cheating on me. its a sad fact: people cheat more in long distance relationships because they think the other will never find out...(or atleast so ive read)I cant say i really blame you, i might have done the same thing...especially if it were a girl i wasnt CRAZY about

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 10-30-2003, 04:52 PM   #23
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
After all it's your emotions we are talking about, not anybody elses!
How about the girls? It was a little selfish thing to do, IMO. I hope you at least talked about this and came to this conclusion together. :/

I see my girlfriend for every 4-7 months... she lives in Germany. I do miss her, but I also set my eyes to the future. What is a few years of waiting (for school, work, anything) for a lifetime together? If we didn´t have this philosophy, we´d have broken up as well. And of course our rare meetings are party from the first day to the last. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 05:08 PM   #24
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
quote:
How about the girls? It was a little selfish thing to do, IMO. I hope you at least talked about this and came to this conclusion together. :/
[/QUOTE]What about the girl's emotions? I'm sorry but if she has been in her asking I must have missed her post.

But you go ahead and read too much into my post. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2003, 05:24 PM   #25
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
quote:

I see my girlfriend for every 4-7 months... she lives in Germany. I do miss her, but I also set my eyes to the future. What is a few years of waiting (for school, work, anything) for a lifetime together? If we didn´t have this philosophy, we´d have broken up as well. And of course our rare meetings are party from the first day to the last. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]That's fair enough, for you. However the place that your relationship is at, and the feelings you have for your girlfriend will be different from Beau's. Only he knows what the right thing for him is to do, and the right thing for his girlfriend. I agree with Epona and Willow, that if Beau really felt like this girl was 'the one', he wouldn't have been having these doubts or negative feelings about his relationship. Far better that he ends it now and they can both move on, than dragging it out and continue being miserable just because he doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

And I think Willow meant that it was Beau's emotions and not anyone else's who has posted here, not Beau's in favour of his girlfriend's . It's all very well for other people to post about their successful long distance relationships, but no one knows how Beau feels, and can't really judge him on the basis of their own relationships.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:17 PM   #26
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
That's fair enough, for you. However the place that your relationship is at, and the feelings you have for your girlfriend will be different from Beau's. Only he knows what the right thing for him is to do, and the right thing for his girlfriend. I agree with Epona and Willow, that if Beau really felt like this girl was 'the one', he wouldn't have been having these doubts or negative feelings about his relationship. Far better that he ends it now and they can both move on, than dragging it out and continue being miserable just because he doesn't want to hurt her feelings.

And I think Willow meant that it was Beau's emotions and not anyone else's who has posted here, not Beau's in favour of his girlfriend's . It's all very well for other people to post about their successful long distance relationships, but no one knows how Beau feels, and can't really judge him on the basis of their own relationships.
I think when you say "we´re talking about here", then I would have understood that you meant this thread in particular. Quite hard for a non-native to catch.

You cannot either be sure if he really felt she was the one, maybe she was because he regretted. He said he really liked her. Would this have happened if they would be neighbors...? I don´t think so. Whenever distance is a matter, it´s actually not an excuse.

And well, I don´t want to sound mean of course. [img]smile.gif[/img]