Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2002, 02:39 PM   #51
Melkor, The Dark Lord
The Magister

Yeah I enjoy watching other guys try bad pickup lines.... It keeps me amused. I personally don't use pickup lines because they sound so dumb. Not that I've ever asked a girl out or anything..
Old 09-15-2002, 02:45 PM   #52
Moni

You are at least on the right track by thinking pick up lines are dumb LOL!
You'll do great. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2002, 03:03 PM   #53
Melkor, The Dark Lord
The Magister

Well thats some good news. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2002, 05:10 AM   #54
edin gal
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Kormar the Wanderer:
quote:
Originally posted by Melkor, The Dark Lord:
Hello everyone, I'm wondering how do I ask out girls that I don't know and get them to say yes?
You can ask many others here, but my approach seems to work the best... Simply walk up to the woman of choice and, before she can run grab her leg and begin humping it... LOL![/QUOTE]Great suggestion, i'm going to try that right now. [/QUOTE]You dirty git Johnny lol
Old 09-16-2002, 05:17 AM   #55
Sorcerer Alex

I really don't think you actually want to ask out a girl you don't know at all, so it's in your best interest to get to know her properly first: you'll know what you're letting yourself in for, plus it makes asking her out a whole lot easier. You have to worm yourself into a situation in which the asking out seems like a natural progression in whatever relationship you have with the girl.

It's quite easy to find ways of talking to girls you are interested in, so you don't have to worry about making the first move. If you're on your way to class, for example, you can just approach her and ask her something about the lesson. Silly as it may sound, you already have an interaction going - and that means a chance to flirt. It's very simple things that are important here - body language, smile and confidence mainly - just don't overdo anything. This first conversation is crucial - it's your foothold, as it were. Once you've had this first talk with her, just keep thinking up new ways in which you can get chatting again. But again, give her space. If you know there is something you both have in common, bring it up, and make a joke of it. I once did that when I noticed the girl next to me was, like me, left-handed - we got talking about how scissors are an impossibility when you're a lefty, and how society cruelly discriminates against those of the left-handed persuasion Okay, complete nonsense as far as subject matter goes - the topic itself is not important, but the fact that you're talking is.

It's important to laugh with her, and to have fun. Once you have that first laugh together, you'll find that things go so much easier. Once you've had a few talks and things seem to be going alright, you can start thinking of things to do outside of school, college or work (or wherever it is you see each other). You could ask her to the mall for an afternoon, or to go for a walk on the beach. I'd suggest doing at least a few things like this together, as friends, before you think about asking her out. Once you are ready to pose the big question, make sure it's the right time and place. I once asked a girl out while on a walk through a nearby forest - it was quiet, serene and romantic, and it felt right. So if you take that into account too, I can't really see where you could go wrong. Though I am ever an optimist where women are concerned [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Well, these are just my views on the whole scene, I hope you find it useful. Good luck with however you choose to tackle the situation [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-16-2002, 05:25 AM   #56
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You dirty git Johnny lol

Dirty git ? Moi ?
Old 09-16-2002, 07:16 AM   #57
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
You are at least on the right track by thinking pick up lines are dumb LOL!
You'll do great. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I dunno Moni, personally I love a good corny chat up line! But then I tend to go for people who act a bit of a comedian anyway, as long as it's tongue in cheek it can be fun.

Met my current beau at a party while I was away at a conference - we both noticed each other as soon as I walked in the room - he was making a group of people laugh (which is the sort of thing that gets my attention) and he liked the way I looked - eyes met across a crowded room blah blah, so I went over to chat to him. We flirted outrageously for about an hour during which time he used the corniest lines imaginable, took his earring out to show me and then somehow was 'unable' to put it back in so got me to do it for him, the grand finale was 'it gets so lonely in my hotel room...' which made us both crack up laughing and 30 seconds later I was sitting on his lap snogging him... he wasn't so lonely that night and we've been happily dating since.

Ah well, I admit that it wouldn't have that effect on everyone, but then I don't like being 'normal'.
Old 09-16-2002, 07:19 AM   #58
Melusine
Dracolisk

LOL Epona, I do love that story!
And I agree, a good corny pick up line can make you laugh and it certainly doesn't always put me off.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:45 AM   #59
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Okay Melkor try this. Introduce yourself and strike up a conversation with her. Talk to her several times if she seems pleasant, and then just ask her out. If she says no, don't dwell on it. Just move on to another. And another. And another. And another. And if you finally ask her out, and she says yes, then post it here. Then Johnny, Megabot and I will coach you through your first date.
Old 09-16-2002, 01:12 PM   #60
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
Every girl is different. Get to know em, then decide on the best course of action. And don't listen to any of the others' crap lines!!!
This is really good advice - lines almost NEVER work, and when they do it's because a girl is taking pity on you. Some of the most conceited losers I knew that *thought* they were the cats a$$ with women used lines - and got laughed at behind their back.

Just be yourself, and be honestly interested in them. Smile a lot - girls like a guy thats relaxed and comfortable - self confident. Joking with them a bit to break the ice is always nice, as well.

As a sidenote, you might try talking to and being nice to all the girls, not just the ones you're interested in - and genuinely don't expect anything back. I think you might be surprised by the change in your social life.