Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2001, 10:13 AM   #11
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

This is a little off the topic of finishing solo, but the discussion of going dual or triple class confuses me a bit. I don't want to sound ignorant, but doesn't the XP needed for each level get cut in half when you dual class? So in reality while you are cutting in half the XP you receive (half for each class), you only need half as much to level up (i.e. instead of 1,500,000 you only need 750,000 if you are dual class). Is this true or am I just a D&D ignoramus????
Old 02-23-2001, 10:20 AM   #12
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

actually multi class gets the xp cut in half and dual classing you stop gaining xp in the old class,and for multi class they have to reach the actually pure class level to go op this way they would be a very very powerful character and stay that way.this keeps the game equal,and D&D
Old 02-23-2001, 10:47 AM   #13
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

So that means that the fighter/mage/thief will get 1/3 exp for every class. I don't think that will be a problem anyway, because otherwise you split the xp with your other partymembers, so you will actually gain levels faster than you would with 6 players.
Old 02-23-2001, 11:03 AM   #14
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Yes, with a multi-class going solo, you should be fine. You should level pretty consistently through the beginning of the game. The only problem is that you will never reach a really high level with a multi-class.

With a fighter in the mix though, your THCAO should be fine. With a 23 level thief, my THACO was 4. Pretty disappointing.
Old 02-23-2001, 04:50 PM   #15
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes, that was my itention, and to be able to specialize in weapons. This way, the backstabs will be more effective hopefully. I want to dualwield with katanas, but I also want the Tuigan bow to come to use. I think the only thing to do is to specialize in katana, short bow, and single weapon style. The rest of the points can go to a crushing weapon, and I think the flail will be best (flail of ages of course).
Old 02-23-2001, 04:50 PM   #16
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes, that was my itention, and to be able to specialize in weapons. This way, the backstabs will be more effective hopefully. I want to dualwield with katanas, but I also want the Tuigan bow to come to use. I think the only thing to do is to specialize in katana, short bow, and single weapon style. The rest of the points can go to a crushing weapon, and I think the flail will be best (flail of ages of course).
Old 02-23-2001, 05:17 PM   #17
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In fact its easy to use shadowkeeper to 'triple class' as a human (I think)
There are three slots for classes so I imagine you'd just put whatever level in there and play normally. Dont know if it actually works though, would you stop advancing in the first two classes or what?
Old 02-23-2001, 05:17 PM   #18
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There are three slots for classes so I imagine you'd just put whatever level in there and play normally. Dont know if it actually works though, would you stop advancing in the first two classes or what?
Old 02-23-2001, 05:17 PM   #19
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Old 02-23-2001, 10:27 PM   #20
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

el: Be warned though. Without using Shadowkeeper, you are limited to ** in weapon proficiencies. When you dual class a human you can get up to the ***** proficiencies. It's really annoying with multi=clas that they can't get over two proficiency points in anything.