Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2001, 04:02 PM   #1
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi all! I remember that there was a post on the board a while ago about what weapons would be good to enchant. The general notion is (correctly) that the more powerful the weapon is from the beginning, the better it is to enchant. So, having this in mind, it's easy to realise that a measly rusted short sword isn't much to spend a lot of "enchanting money" on. *grabbing a cold beer from the fridge* (hooray for Friday).

Now, remember that quest items such as the Mavin Sword, the Staff of Death, the Trident of Tides, and Bloodbeard's Scimitar, is NOT enchantable. On the other hand, items such as the Nightblade, the Great Sword of Doom, the Robinsword are enchantable.

An item that is often forgotten when discussing damage enchanting is the Wizard's blade. Who would like to enchant a silly dagger? I'd say it's well worth the effort!

A fully enchanted wizard's dagger (level 12, not Zenmaster) together with a fully enchanted Main Gauche+2 slays most enemies in one strike (using double-strike). My current record is hitting an enemy for 291 damage-points (admittedly using some ability-enhancing spells)

If you want proof of this I've got a screenshot here

Cheers all // Jazzid
Old 11-09-2001, 04:06 PM   #2
Anka
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Which of the Artifact spells is the best?
Old 11-09-2001, 04:19 PM   #3
Jazzid
Manshoon

Difficult question Anka. I'd say that the Artifact of Fiend spell is the most useful because it adds damage to weapons if you enchant them in the Priest's guild. That spell also gives protection from magic if you enchant armour in the Wizard guild.

I'd try to learn all of the Artifact spells anyway, because if you can add pro ice, and pro fire you might be able to customise your equipment up to the level when you become immune to both magic, fire, and cold.

BTW the link in my topic starter didn't seem to work so I'll try it again. Here is the full address:

"http://www.geocities.com/mattias_carlsson/damage.jpg"

//Jazzid
Old 11-09-2001, 10:35 PM   #4
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

I have found several weapons that I like to bless up. (Although it has been a while since I last played.) Here are a few of the best.

Sword of Argus
Tomonari Katana +1
Wizard's Blade
Assassin's Dagger
Bloodslinger

The one that I like best is Bloodslinger. I have only found it once and haven't heard anyone else finding it. It is a one-handed sword, looks like a broadsword and can be blessed up to 14 times by a ZenMaster. (twelve times for other characters) It starts off with 9-24 damage and goes up from there.

The Wizard's Blade is unique in that it is one of the few really good blessable items that can be used by a Wizard or Warlock.

Good Luck.
Knarfling
Old 11-10-2001, 06:17 AM   #5
Jazzid
Manshoon

That Bloodslinger sounds mighty interesting. Do you remember where you found it?

Sorry about not mentioning the Tomonari Katana, and the sword of Argus. When I got the wish from the Genie I chose the arms of Argus trait instead of a weapon.

//Jazzid
Old 11-10-2001, 10:52 PM   #6
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Jazzid,

Hey, great shot, and 291, that's pretty high! I tried for a while doing the same, and I never could get the damage past the high 200's.

As far as weapons go for maximum damage, both the Wizard's Blade and the Lance of the Lady can be enchanted up to 70 damage with a Zenmaster.

I've found the Bloodslinger, and I think it comes close to that but not over.

So, for secondary weapons, the Assassin's Dagger can be put up to 68 I believe, or maybe 64.

Tomonari Katana +1? Wow, I've never seen one of those, sounds like a helluva find! What is its base damage?

Also, don't neglect the Battle Mace +2, it can go up pretty high, as well as the Mace of Mangling. Actually, I think the Battle Mace+2 can go up to about 68....its quite a powerful weapon!

Cool stuff! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Scronan