Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2003, 12:46 AM   #1
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

I've never done Valygar's armor upgrade (never took Valygar to ToB either), so I decided to upgrade it to see what it did via the Item Upgrade mod. I ask Cespenar to upgrade Valygar's armor, and he asks me for the 10K and Protection from Magic scroll. He doesn't ask for the Shadow Dragon scales, and there is no option for me to accept the upgrade, even though I have scales, scroll, and gold. I didn't upgrade back in Athkatla because I didn't want Valygar too overpowered, and I didn't have the cash anyway.

Is this a known bug? Should I just import the upgraded armor and use SK to get rid of the gold, and just toss the scroll and scales?
Old 07-24-2003, 06:52 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Must be a bug. You can try to reinstall IU, but if I were you, I would just use SK and do what you said last. But if this keeps happening with other items as well, a reinstall would be very wise.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 08:48 AM   #3
Kismet
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think you need the Shadow Dragon armor, not the Shadow Dragon scales.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:03 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Kismet:
Yes you are right!
EDIT:Level up!

[ 07-24-2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 09:37 PM   #5
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Kismet:
That's odd, because I swore I could remember Cromwell saying he could make it from just the scales. Oh well. Can't transport to SoA areas once I'm in ToB, and Kelsey's romance is just picking up. Mr. Corthala will just have to make do with the Grandmastery Armor +6. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2003, 03:19 AM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I remember Weimer telling me that the Scales had to be forged into the armor first, which I remember because it still doesn't make any sense to me.

I also like (he said with his tongue lodged in his cheek) the way that by the time Cespenar can tell you he's going to need a Protection from Magic scroll, it's too late to get one.
Old 07-26-2003, 03:27 AM   #7
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Even though Cromwell is more than capable of forging the armour at any time during SoA...
Old 07-26-2003, 01:19 PM   #8
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
I remember Weimer telling me that the Scales had to be forged into the armor first, which I remember because it still doesn't make any sense to me.

I also like (he said with his tongue lodged in his cheek) the way that by the time Cespenar can tell you he's going to need a Protection from Magic scroll, it's too late to get one.
It's the same way with the Incarnadine Elven Chain. Red dragon scales, a couple fire agates and andar gems, and 25K. Maybe I confused it with that recipe. And has anyone ever seen an andar gem in ToB, let alone a fire agate?
Old 07-26-2003, 08:13 PM   #9
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I tend to keep pretty much every item in the game anyway (well, every unique item anyhow).

Plus, I always think ahead about item upgrades... I can't bear the thought of missing out on any goodies
Old 07-26-2003, 11:09 PM   #10
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dace De'Briago:
I tend to keep pretty much every item in the game anyway (well, every unique item anyhow).

Plus, I always think ahead about item upgrades... I can't bear the thought of missing out on any goodies
Likewise...it would break my heart for my characters to have any less than the best. LONG LIVE POWERGAMING!!