Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2011, 09:36 PM   #31
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Re: Norway killings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
I saw a dude in the news that actually said that the norwegian kids were tards that did not try to bonk the killer on the head while he was pausing in shooting - as he told it any american kid would have killed the guy outright as he started shooting and as much as he may find the humor in the situation - that remark was so cold and brutal that many people in Denmark protested loudly against it. Looking at pure numbers his statement is further totally idiotic and it makes a very convincing argument about how come gun control ( or rather...the need to take away the guns from ordinary people ) are needed.
One who has never been on the two-way live fire range can tell tales as high as the sky, but when the brown stuff hits the moving blade, poo flies!

Gun laws will not work in this country, for only outlaws will have guns. Some only take that at face value, but when analysed, the truth is, there are more illegal (non-registered, non-licensed, non-serial numbered) guns in the street, than those of of us who have legally licensed and registered guns! Therefore, "most" of the gun crime that is reported is to registered guns/owners.

If one were to really delve into, and attempt to understand US gun issues, they would find that more gun crime is in the city, and less gun crime in the rural areas. Yet, most cities have gun laws, and rural communities don't. The simple answer to that is, were I park my Benz, my gun is law. Where TL parks his Caddy, his mobile calls the law while he plays bitch to some crack head.

And back to topic, when said crack head has pulled his gun, nobody is going to step up with plain street clothes on, and few will intervene if there is a lull in the firing, as in the AZ shooting! Therefore, that 'dude' is the tard in that story!

P.S. My memory is fading, did I ever ask what part of Denmark?
My bride of 26 years and I were married in Odense.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:00 AM   #32
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Nice Felix I did not know that - I live just outside Copenhagen - but I had a girlfriend from Aarup ( just outside Odense ) and my father used to live in Odense in his youth ( looong time ago ).

I agree completely with the analysis of how crime is done in the US - I just find it an easy excuse to say that people need guns because the criminals have them - do you think that criminals in Europe come at us with hammers and knives - ofc they have guns here too - difference is they are not as trigger happy because they don't risk their victim will pull out a shotgun and blow them off the ground. ( I kinda like the charm in being able to defend myself - but I like being alive much more ).
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:18 PM   #33
Sparhawk
Quintesson

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Udland/2011...2.htm?rss=true

This is a link from danish news - it shows a norwegian guy that taped 16 minutes just after the bomb went off - showing him helping out pretty scary
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:46 PM   #34
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Light Bulb Re: Norway killings

Just saw this today. "Chilling" is the word.

Quote:
Chilling text exchange provides window into Norway terror

Marianne Bremnes received the kind of message that a mother dreads.

“Mummy, tell the police to come quick. People are dying here,” her 16-year-old daughter Julie wrote in a text message from Norway’s Utoya island on Friday.

Like many of the young people attending a Labor Party camp on the island, Julie Bremnes was carrying a cell phone, enabling her to reach her mom while Anders Berhing Breivik was on a 90-minute shooting rampage, killing dozens of people. Her exchange with her mother, released on Wednesday, gives a glimpse into the long, terrifying wait for help.

“The police know,” Marianne Bremnes, 46, texted her daughter. “They’ve had many calls. Give a sign of life every five minutes.”

Julie, was hiding under a rock with three friends while Breivik roamed the island, shooting people as they cowered, ran, or tried to swim for safety.

“We are in fear of our lives,” Julie texted.

Mother: “I understand. Stay hidden.”

As the wait for rescue dragged on, the text conversation seemed a preparation for the worst.

Julie: “I love you even if I still misbehave from time to time."

Mother: “I know that my darling. We love you very much.”

The exchange went on for about 90 minutes.

Many others were not as fortunate.

Breivik shot to death 68 people on the island, and injured many more. Breivik also detonated a bomb at a Norwegian government building in Oslo earlier in the day, killing 8 others before travelling to the island, about 28 miles away.

Adrian Pracon, 21, said members at the camp were gathering for a meeting, to discuss the news of the bombing earlier in the day, which was also carried out by Breivik before he came to the island.

Pracon was shot in the shoulder as he lay among the bodies, hoping to be mistaken for one of the dead.

“I knew it was over,” he told NBC’s Martin Fletcher from his hospital bed. “I knew I was going to die now.”

He said that there were long spells of silence while Breivik was searching for people in hiding, broken occasionally by bursts of gunfire and screams.

“(Breivik) also screamed out that he would kill us all," Pracon said. "That this was the day we would die out,” said Pracon.

On Wednesaday, the Daily Mail reported that the Breivik had consumed a cocktail of drugs prior to his attack in order to be "strong and efficient," according to the defense lawyer. Breivik had plotted to inject poison into the bullets during the attack, though it was unclear whether he had actually done so . He wore a police uniform to draw young campers to him, and appeared in total control during the island rampage, police official Odd Reidar Humlegaard said.

Some of the last-minute cell phone exchanges among loved ones would prove to be their last.

Gunnar Linaker, 23, was speaking by cell phone to his father Roald Linaker in Bardu in northern Norway when the mayhem began.

"He said to me: 'Dad, dad, someone is shooting,' and then he hung up," Roald Linaker said.

Gunnar Linaker was shot and later died in the hospital, having never regained consciousness.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43911634...ope/?GT1=43001
Old 07-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #35
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
Where TL parks his Caddy, his mobile calls the law while he plays bitch to some crack head.
I will take offense to that, as I picked out my 330cic lovingly and love it dearly, and would never call it a caddie, though those are nice cars. Additionally, were it not for my own laziness (combined with some confusing and difficult to sort out regulation), I too would have a gun, though not on-hand because we don't have CC yet. But, the SCOTUS did do us a mighty favor, and as soon as I get off my butt and comply with the state FOID rules (easy) and figure out the Chicago registration rules (ridiculously maze-like), I too can own a gun, legally. (Being from KY, it's easy for me to get family loaners that are technically illegal, of course.) Furthermore, my hooptie is an '04 model with no OnStar and no mp3 hookup. I have embraced my ludditeness regarding such things and hope to never own a car that will call someone for me in any event whatsoever. Since mine has only gone from 15k to 30k miles since I bought it 5 years ago, I think I can achieve that goal.

Regarding the events in Norway, it has opened up a scary debate. Many are "seeing his point" regarding this man and his shootings. Basically, though they aren't justifying it, they are tempering his actions by pointing out the racial tension going on in the EU at the moment with their immigration crisis. I think this is a dangerous line of thinking.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #36
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Now we know what to blame. Ta-da

http://techland.time.com/2011/08/01/...ivik-killings/
Old 08-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #37
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Thumbs Up Re: Norway killings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol View Post
I wish that when countries do this they'd just go the whole nine yards and cut all media off from the population. No video games, TV, music, internet, sports etc. I mean, why just target one medium when there are so many giving access to violent content? Also, cut out family gatherings and cookouts and drinking. In fact, all drugs and anything sociable. And remove guns from Wow, subsituting bows instead. And throw Justin Bieber in there for good measure.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:35 AM   #38
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

Ironic....they are gonna outlaw gun-looking toys, but the real deal can still be purchased with a license...idiots. And classifying WoW as a "shooter" doesnt make any sense either.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #39
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
And classifying WoW as a "shooter" doesnt make any sense either.
WoW as a shooter? It's not even got the graphics to support that. BTW, working on Rags atm.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #40
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Think they targetted wow cuz he played wow "so it must have had something to do with it". Pity they didn't target the shows he watched on TV or the music he listened to.