Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2002, 07:42 AM   #1
Freewalker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i am stuck in the VoS. Kythorn told me to find the priestess of auril. I've gone explored all the caverns in the vale twice. i must be missing something!!! where should I look?

thanks!
Freewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 07:47 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Shes in the yeti cave, but you might not have finished the conversation with wotsisname. I always forget him. Anyway, until hes told you he senses her presence she wont show up.
Old 09-22-2002, 07:59 AM   #3
Freewalker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

are you talking about the spectral guy in the cave with the paw print (kythorn)? i talked to him twice and he told me to find the priestess. the game doesn't give me any other diaglog options.

i don't think there's anyone left alive in the VoS. if you aren't talking about kythorn, is this person possibly in another area?

thanks!
Freewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 08:23 AM   #4
andrewas
Harper

I thought his name was something like Kresselach, but I might be getting mixed up. Anyway. hes the guy at the bottome of the big tomb who tells you about the priestess. After you sy youll do it he says that he can sense her presence - but sometimes people just go look for her without finishing the conversation.

It might be a bug, you might try installing the patches.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:55 AM   #5
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

You can go to Lysan's cave before speaking to Kresselack, but she won't show up. It has to be under the direction of Kresselack who:

"After you sy youll do it he says that he can sense her presence - but sometimes people just go look for her without finishing the conversation." as andrewas states.

Make sure you have confirmation that you'll undertake the task.

[ 09-22-2002, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]
Old 09-22-2002, 11:45 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Brass:
You can go to Lysan's cave before speaking to Kresselack, but she won't show up. It has to be under the direction of Kresselack who:

"After you sy youll do it he says that he can sense her presence - but sometimes people just go look for her without finishing the conversation." as andrewas states.

Make sure you have confirmation that you'll undertake the task.
Not only *can* you go before Kressie, I'd recommend it. Once you off the few Yeti that are in the cave, you can plunder her stash. There's a +1 mace, among other things, in those chests in the back that can make a lot of the battles in Kressie's tomb much easier.

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 02:33 PM   #7
NobleNick
Quintesson

Freewalker,

Yes, it is as Lord Brass and Sazerac have said:

1.) Before the ice priestess will appear, you must first accept the quest from Kresselack. Make sure you follow the conversation through until he acknowledges that he understands that you have accepted his quest; and

2.) It is easiest to visit the Yeti cave FIRST, off the Yeti, loot the room, go to Kresselack to get the quest, and then return to face the ice priestess so that she is without the extra help that she would otherwise have.

Oh, and don't forget to go back for your reward!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 10:13 PM   #8
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

I cleared her cave before Kress's tomb and looted well. BUT when I went back for her, the yeti appeared again right after she spoke to me. Oh well, double the xp.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote