Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2001, 04:02 PM   #61
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

The archbishop is one of my closest allies in our secret plot to overthrow the worle...... really....

LOL! great story! and its funny cause its true! And since when have *I* been a bad influence?

------------------
Old 03-28-2001, 04:15 PM   #62
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Thank god that my teachers don't play Baldur's gate, or know Ziroc by any means!

In fact it's true isn't it?! You have to be a teenager yourself to sympathise with us on this kinda thing - otherwise they'll just call us lousy rebellions

Er........In fact I do need help with some Shakespeare right now - LOL! I'm doing "Othello" and I haven't even got past a paragraph on the other screen yet because I'm too busy posting here! Hehehe!

If only Shakespeare played Baldur's gate - *sigh*

------------------

Greetings mortals, my name is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 03-28-2001, 04:23 PM   #63
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Continuation..
-------------------------------
I decend on the back of the first foul one, his cries is soon muffled by the soft ground, my jaws break his neck like a twig. They draw there cruel looking weapons, I snarl a viscious and cruel growl at them. They bring fear to the small ones, to the fair ones, they crush destroys and taunt, terror is their weapon fear there gift... I now bring them fear, I terrorize them.
I move between them as grey mist as elusive as fog in the night. The grass soon glitters red in the cold white moonbeams that caress´it.
I raise my head to the moon and cry out my victory, my smaller breathren takes up in my song.
This night, this cold night brings breath from my noose, my jaws are red from the blood, the taste bitter..
Slowly I trod back into the forrest, letting it guide me close to water.
ater is found and good, cold, cleaning reflecting the moon.
I can hear the fair ones sing, the sweetnes calms the anger. I listen. Afraid to join in, to fraid the fragile beauty of it all will fear me I stay silent, listening..
The beast is satisfied. The beast that is me moves away, the beast runs, the night foolows me and the forrest greets my paws... Foul ones, beware of my jaws...

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 03-29-2001, 03:04 AM   #64
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Mmmm! Wolfgir! (shiver)

And Wah! Shame on you! Believe it or not, us 'oldsters' actually remember all that crap you're living through now! It's been nearly 25 years since I had to go to school, and I'm still glad I don't have to anymore!

Well, I did scrounge a story out of all that technical writing that's floating around in my head... And I've been debating with myself all night whether or not to post it... Guess I will, but with warning. This one's a bummer! (sorry)

===========

"No!" Shandra screamed. "No, you can't have him!" That last bit feeling like it tore her throat.

The silence in the room was bruised now, ringing in her ears. She half expected pounding at the door. Surely the neighbors would call the cops after that! And Ned just stood there, hatred blazing from his bright blue eyes, arms around their son.

"You can't have him, Ned." She rasped, taking Nate's little arms and trying to pull him free. But Ned just squeezed harder. Shandra pulled a little more, then let go when Nate began to cry. She would not play tug-a-war with her baby! She dropped her hands and slowly backed away.

She felt disjointed somehow. Like in dreams she'd had as a kid, of slipping through the marsh with maniac close behind. Please, God, she thought. Let me wake up! But she knew this was for real. That her mind, chasing its tail like a three-legged puppy, would do her no good!

She backed away a little more, cringing at her baby's cries, and dropped her eyes from the icy blue of his. To think I used to yearn for summer skies when I gazed into those eyes, she thought, amazed. More like the razor sharp edge of an iceberg! Her self-scorn over-powered the hatred. It even over-powered the tiny speck of love the inside-her had viciously been trying to stomp to death since she walked out on him three months ago.

"Give him to me, Ned." She said, her voice hoarse, pathetic and whiney in her own ears. She wondered if the copper taste was actually blood or just the taste of stress. "You don't even want him, you f#$*ing ba#$%rd! He's just the last thing you can hurt me with. The only thing!"

"I'm not letting my son be raised in a pig-sty, Shan! My, God, woman, your toilet looks like an outhouse and that rotting pile of dishes is probalby full of maggots! You still staying up all night reading? You might use a little of that time cleaning up a little!"

She looked at him in disbelief. He backed a step towards the door, nearly falling into the wall. Drunk, she thought. And probably blacked out. Ned didn't drink like other people did. He didn't get tipsy or goofy. He just got beligerant and confuzed. The 'rotton pile of dishes' were two plates, a sauce-pan, and her coffee mug. All rinsed and ready to wash. And the 'outhouse' toilet was just old and rust-stained, but completely clean.

I won't do it! She thought, stopping her retort. God damn him!

"If you weren't up all night writing those stupid stories of yours, maybe you'd have a little time for your son!" He said. His Irish accent used to melt her. Now she only wished it would disappear from Earth!

She backed a little more, knocking some envelopes to the floor as she made her way around the coffee table. You should feel the pain, she thought, not bothering to say it aloud as he wouldn't remember anyway. One day you should feel all the pain you've caused us! You f#$%ing vermin!

"What?" He said, taking two long strides. Only the coffee table seperated them now and Shandra, running into the couch with the backs of her legs, sat abruptly down. Ned still clutched Nate, who at least had stopped crying.

"What did you say?" And her hand, without her telling it to, reached over and picked up the phone. She had the 9 and one of the 1's keyed in when he hit her.

She hadn't expected that. In spite of all the verbal abuse she would probably never recover from, he had never hit her! She slammed into the back of the couch, like whip-lash in a car accident, and Nate began screaming and struggled so wildly that Ned dropped him to the couch. Shandra scooped him up, petting the back of his bald little head, soothing him to normal crying. She looked at Ned, her mind as numb as her jaw. The pain would come later, she knew the tears would flow into the morning. But not now.

"Get out!" she said, her voice colder than his could ever be. "Get out of here!"

"Aw, Shandra! Babe! I'm so sorry!" He reached for her, but dropped his hands. He was crying now, the ice finally broken. Ah, she thought, he would remember this part! And the cold satifaction his pain caused frightened her.

He moved towards the door, sobbing now. Her hand left the baby's head and gingerly touched her jaw. She would have to call the police now. She couldn't let him get away with this.

"If I ever see you again, Ned," and sharp pain finally shot through her, "I will kill you!" Knowing that she meant it.

He nodded, accepting this. And finally left.

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 03-29-2001, 04:05 AM   #65
Sir_Tainly

Wolfgir, Like your style, even better considering English isn't your first language

LadyRae, cool too, are you writing the Kramer vs Kramer II? (j/K)

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

Old 03-29-2001, 04:08 AM   #66
WOLFGIR

lady Rae, excellent stuff!!! Like it alot!

Thanks, Talesin.
I do my best and well you see any spelling or grammer faults (alot I guess please tell me so I can be better)

------------------

Old 03-29-2001, 05:01 AM   #67
Sir_Tainly

Talesin, where?

Didn't notice grammar spelling probs, so obviously they weren't too bad, either that or my English isn't too good,

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF

HATS for sale baby!
Sponsored by Yorick
Your ad here? Call 112 -221 -123

[This message has been edited by Sir_Tainly (edited 03-29-2001).]

Old 03-29-2001, 05:44 AM   #68
WOLFGIR

Sorry Tainly, i keep messing up peoples names all the time sorry!

------------------

Old 03-29-2001, 08:43 PM   #69
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Bumpsies!

------------------
Smitten by The.Relic

Old 03-30-2001, 01:05 AM   #70
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

My poor little story thread is d r o w n i n g !

------------------
Smitten by The.Relic