Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2004, 02:27 PM   #1
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

Dragon's Eye is full of suprises. From kids turning into high Yuan-Ti to the first ever hydraulic door I've ever heard of in all 4 years of gaming. Anyway how do you open the hydraulic door in level 3 of Dragon's Eye? I can find no other way to progress but through this locked door. The General would be most grateful for any help.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:34 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

You see the 'clean water' sinks that are green and smell? Pour poison into them. How do you like the sword?(If you do not know what sword I am talking about, DO NOT GO THROUGH THE HYDRAULIC DOOR!)
Old 01-30-2004, 02:37 PM   #3
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

Thankz for the advice but what sword are you talking about?
Old 01-30-2004, 03:15 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

He is referring to the Holy Avenger, called Cera Sumat. The sword is useful only if you have a Paladin in the party (only such can equip it) and only if you're willing to take on a VERY tough fight. It also means a long trip back to town.

If you have no Paladin, go on to the next section. If you do have a Paladin and want the sword, be sure you have the amulet (from the terasure room) and head back to the graveyard. Save before you go in.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 11:58 AM   #5
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

Wel I don't have a paladin so it doesn't matter but what's with the crazy time loop in the level after the hydraulic door? How do you get out of it and progress?
Old 01-31-2004, 03:52 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Heh, this is probably the craziest part of the game, and there's more to come, so get used to it

You go all around the perimeter, see whatshisname kill himself, take the ferry wherever you can, and talk to the Salamander. Then the ferry should be able to take you to the exit, where you have to kill the Beholder and then you can leave.

Nightowl2
Old 02-02-2004, 11:05 AM   #7
General Nosaj
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah I killed the Beholder and all that but my journal says that I must be in a time loop. When I tried to exit the fields of slaughter I was taken back to the begining again before any of the events had happened. Every time I try to exit hthe fields of slaughter I get broght back to the begining again. What do I do?
Old 02-02-2004, 11:11 AM   #8
ZFR
Legion Symbol

You'll be "repeating" this level this way 5 times...

Talk to everyone every time to know whats going on and then take the exit to the fields of slaughter...
Old 02-02-2004, 02:05 PM   #9
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Heh, I warned ya to get used to it. As ZFR said, you'll be doing this for awhile, but each time it will be slightly different. You're going back in time and eventually you will arrive just before the disaster, which you must prevent from happening. After that, you can leave for good.

Nightowl2
Old 02-02-2004, 02:20 PM   #10
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

You can get some xp for warning whatshisname in the library of level 3.