Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2004, 03:53 AM   #1
Midget Gems

I was messing about making a new character and since I'd never played a Monk or a Sorcerer I thought I'd try a Monk of the Dark Moon multi-classed to Sorcerer. However I messed up the stats and finished up with a very poor character. So even though I have finished the prologue I can't see him going much further.

What do you suppose is a good way to distribute the stats for a Monk/Sorcerer, or am I just wasting my time. I appear to need points in all the catagories and there aren't enough to go around. At the moment I can't fight very well nor cast many spells, so life expectancy is limited.
Old 01-25-2004, 06:47 AM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Shanandanda is a very difficult mix to immitate. The best is to focuse more on one class than the other. Aim for two levels of monk and then a level of sorcerer. Have a charisma no larger than 16, buff wis and dex.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:26 PM   #3
Midget Gems

Thanks for the advice. I pretty much have the Sorcerer part under control but I haven't yet mastered how to play Monks. Still, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, I've still a lot to learn about AD&D third edition rules.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:09 PM   #4
Epona
Zartan

Monk/Sorcerer is one of my favourite multiclass characters. You need to spread the points out a bit though - boost wisdom, charisma, and dexterity (but I wouldn't go higher than 16 for them) and stick any spare points in strength - don't worry too much about the other stats.

As far as spells go, I tend to stick with either stat/attack booster spells and/or stuff like fireball that can take out a group of foes. I don't pick any spells that boost ac, because monks have a naturally high AC from their wisdom and dexterity bonuses so it would be a bit of a waste.

One thing that surprised me in IWD2 is that robes will negate a monks ac bonuses as if they were armour, don't use robes or armour on them.