Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 09:32 AM   #21
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

WOW stormy scary stuff. I am thinking gas maybe the way to go. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have a hard time seeing you addicted to drugs. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

OK I need sleep I am home from working nights.. And here I sit at the comp. LOL
Old 10-18-2005, 09:45 AM   #22
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, no Sever, they also put me on some major painkillers prior to the surgery to have them in my system and some steroids to help keep swelling down. I shudder to think what the swelling would have been like if I hadn't had those in my system! YIKES! And at the pharmacist, they asked if someone had punched me... LOL, because my face was all swollen and green/blue where the dentist had a particularly hard time reaching the wisdom tooth (it was so far into the jawline he told me not to chew on that side for several weeks, or it might crack my jaw more, due to the amount of tooth they'd pulled out of there- left a nice hole).

Nope, not something I'd ever want to do again and I'm really glad I DID do it all at once and got it over with!

Mack, that percoset is good if you can tolerate it, but like a lot of other people, I had trouble with it. I was talking to a guy at my office after my ordeal with it and he told me that his sister was addicted and badly. To the point of getting bogus prescriptions and nearly committing suicide a few times, due to paranoia it can induce. Believe me, I'm VERY glad I went off the stuff before it got worse for me. I really was feeling weird and paranoid on it.

Hurt for a while, though, because I gotta tell ya, plain ol' Tylenol just didn't cut it! [img]tongue.gif[/img] And my dentist forbade aspirin or ibuprofen til the chances of bleeding or clotting were over.

Um...sorry Mack, I bet this is not setting your mind at ease! [img]smile.gif[/img] Hey, if it's any consolation, my dentist told me that my experience is NOT the norm...and I was the second most dificult wisdom tooth surgery he'd ever done.

[ 10-18-2005, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 10-18-2005, 11:36 AM   #23
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

So who was the winner?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #24
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I went for the twilight gas (I was not unconscious, but not fully awake) and the word you don't want to hear is impacted...read cloudy's page and a half...I had all four at once and it took 30 mins and I counted backwards from 100...got to 84 and the last thing I heard from the surgeon was the the anethe...the gas doctor behind me(can't spell) was, "You sure that thing's on right?" Nice, eh? But it wasn't too bad afterwards and I was eating soft foods within 3 hours...

Bottom line is each situation is different. If the teeth aren't impacted, it won't be AS bad... but if they have to come out, do you really want to go through everything twice?? Twice the bill, twice the co-pay... just a thought, mate.

Later,

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

BK is right, I do know some people who just had them pulled and nothing out of the ordinary or even especially painful occured in addition to the ones who had problems, so I wouldn't worry about it overmuch before you have a talk with the dentist!

*Waves to BK* HiHiHi!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:10 AM   #26
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Wow some great stories. Now for sure I will have nightmare's thanks. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]