Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2002, 01:55 AM   #1
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Well I decided to make a little change and start a second thread for the recipes, while leaving the first one open for any comments people might have on the recipes themselves, whether after trying them out or just on spur of the moment opinion after seeing them... Below are all the recipes I was able to cut and paste from the first thread...

By Kormar:
Pasta Carbonara... An easy and delicious start...

Just take bacon and chop it into fine cubes and grill it until it's cooked to your taste, throw it in a pan, add some heavy cream, parmesan cheese and butter and serve over linguini. Add a little salt and pepper if prefered...

By Redblueflare
I'm no chef and somebody probably tried this already but i'm gonna list it anyway. You now how to make hot chocolate right? Add cinnamon to it!
By The Hunter of Jahanna:
#1 Deep fried oysters with Jalapeno cream cheese sauce

Oyster dredge:
6 cups , Flour
2 Tbls of old bay seasoning,garlic powder,salt, dry oregano
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 cup of grits.

Use this mix to coat the oysters before you deep fry them.

Jalapeno ceram cheese sauce:
1 pound cream cheese
2.5 pounds of sour cream
1 cup of grated parm cheese
1 cup jalapeno juice
1 handfull of jalapeno slices
1/8 cup old bay seasoning.

Heat this mix up under medium heat untill everything is combined to a creamy consistency.

Now put the fried oysters on a roll and spread some of the sauce on it and enjoy. We sell these things like crazy during lunch.

#2 lamb and goat cheese wrap
Season and grill off some lamb loins and cut into medalions.Next grill up some large totillas or pita rolls untill warm. It should only take a few seconds.
Spread some goat cheese sauce on the tortilla, add the lamb,tomato and a little spring mix lettuce and enjoy.

Goat cheese sauce:
11oz. goat cheese
1/4 pound cream cheese
3 Tbls fresh basil,oregano,garlic
1 Tbls white pepper
begin heathing this mix and add white wine or vegtable broth to thin it out enough to spread it.It should take around 3 cups or so , but only add as much as yoy need or it will be watery.

By Megabot:
Or what about boiled beer that is good i love hot beer lol!

By Kormar:
For those who like salads, here's a nice variation...

Take a mixture of romaine and iceberg lettuce and shredded carrots and fill a few plates with it, topping with sliced tomatoes. Then take some salt pork belly (basically unsliced bacon) and cut it into strips and pan cook it. Also, while doing that, slice a loaf of italian bread and top each slice with some goat cheese and throw it under your broiler, allowing it to cook until the edges of the bread are crisp. Top the salads with the bread slices and the cooked pork belly (plus any additional toppings you may prefer) and serve with a beaujolais vinagrette dressing...
Old 09-17-2002, 04:09 AM   #2
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

And another one I can't take credit for...

Ceasers Salad

Ingredients-
1 head Romaine Lettuce
Mustard (I use goldens spicy brown)
Worchester sauce
1 lime
2 eggs
red wine vinegar
dry Red wine
1/2 LB Parmesan cheese(shredded &/or grated) the fresher the better
extra virgin olive oil
Garlic bread
Garlic (3-5 cloves to taste)

-soak eggs in very hot water (110+) for 7-10mins
-shred romaine to taste
-slice or dice garlic bread for croutons. bake croutons till almost done, then sauté croutons in olive oil, basil & garlic. set aside.
-combine the following ingredients to taste if you put in too much of one balance it out with the others: press garlic (3-5 cloves), 1-1/2 tblspn of mustard, 1-1/2 tblspn of worchester sauce, redwine vinegar, dry red wine (I prefer cabernet, but merlot or zinfandel will work also), juice from one lime.
-Separate the white from the yoke & add yokes to dressing.
-add olive oil slowly (add some, then stir it in; repeat to taste & desired volume)

-put some lettuce in bowl, top with some crouton, cheese, dressing, & fresh ground pepper. mix well. Repeat till all ingredients used. let stand for about 15mins.
serve & enjoy!

This should make enough for a main-course for 2-3 people or a side dish for 4-6.