Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2001, 01:09 PM   #11
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

No one ever remembers my birthday, so I've learned not to mind. Even my wife forgot mine last year! If it was something special between the two of them, though, generally a lovely surprise afterward will make up much, I would think.

Why not treat the thing as if he were "pretending" to forget, and then surprise her later?

Old 05-24-2001, 01:11 PM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Aww J did remember. Just forgot again! I'm with Fljotsdale on this one. Next time a little reminder from N would help and in the meantime, they should still celebrate! What the heck, call it a Birthday Week!

And know this...I'm being really lenient here...LOL...I'm more the N-type! LOL Oh and I DO remind people!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 05-24-2001).]
Old 05-24-2001, 01:15 PM   #13
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

What I would like to know (especially from the ladies on the board) is this:

is N entitled to be upset and angry, and what punishment (if any) should J have to undergo for forgiveness? Please be creative with the punishment bit

Donut,

I don't think I want you any where near my wife if you're searching for creative punishments on behalf of "N."
Old 05-24-2001, 01:38 PM   #14
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I am a guy who forgets dates all the time. Hey, if I remember to buy a card for somebody before their birthday, I hope they are grateful! Most of the time I am the guy in line at Hallmark on the way back from work buying a card after someone called to remind me. Everyone forgets stuff, it just so happens that men forget stuff a little more frequently then women do. Just take her out to a great dinner and then take her to a hot tub or something. Have flowers and wine waiting there. She will forget it was even her birthday.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-24-2001, 08:24 PM   #15
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I am very good about remembering dates, but realize alot of people aren't. I just don't get all bent-out-of shape over this kind of thing. People have alot on their minds. And like some of the others said, he didn't really forget. Birthdays often fall on "regular" days from every respect except the birthday itself. I can easily see how in the rush to get ready for work,one could forget. It probably would have occurred to him at some point during the day, even if the friend did not remind him.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 05-24-2001, 08:43 PM   #16
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

One other thing...In regards to what retaliation "N" should take...realize that whatever horrors she could visit upon "J" are nothing compared to what the agonies he's going through for having forgotten it in the first place.

In short..."N" should be big about the whole thing and realize that people make mistakes and do forget things. If "J" has proven his love to "N" in the past, that should be good enough. I'm sure "J" won't forget it again!

Old 05-25-2001, 07:45 AM   #17
Donut
Jack Burton

Thank you all for replying. Of course (as usually happens when I post) all is not as simple as it seems. You see it was the lady of the house who forgot HIS birthday. Many replies have assumed that it would be the man who forgot (how poor is your opinion of us men? ).

The reason that I posed the question in this way is because, although N was not too upset about it, he did ask me wistfully what would have happened if the boot had been on the other foot. He is more than happy that he has some brownie points in the bank for the next time he does something wrong.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-25-2001, 08:13 AM   #18
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Same penalty for a slave who strikes a gaurd. Shove a living snake up his @$$

errr no thats not right.

Send him to the lions. yeah, thats it. send him to the lions.

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!