Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2001, 05:08 PM   #1
Melusine
Dracolisk

My boyfriend has been playing BG2 for a while now, and he's just taken his paladin into Throne of Bhaal. While still in Shadows Of Amn, he was romancing Jaheira, but somewhere along the way something must have gone wrong, because in TOB the Romance Variable was set to 3. I don't think he picked any wrong options, we just never got the Terminsel Episode where Jaheira gets the Harper Pin. I don't think he had the previous encounter either, i.e. the one where Dermin Courtierdale approaches Jaheira for the last time and is revealed to be in the same camp as Galvarey.
Now, he really would love to finish the romance in Throne of Bhaal, so I tried playing with the Global Variables for a bit, setting the JaheiraRomance one on 2 and adding one called TerminselSpawn, putting that one on 5 (according to GameBanshee, 2 stands for the first Terminsel encounter -where he gives you Jaheira's note, and 5 stands for the Harper Pin encounter). Apparently there is something about a LoveTalk variable as well.
What I need, and I would really be grateful if someone could help us out, is a list of all the Global Variables that I need to edit, what values they need to be edited to, and anything else I need to do. Is it even possible to re-trigger the romance using Shadowkeeper?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 11-16-2001, 05:31 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I think you have to set it to 2 BEFORE starting Tob.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2001, 06:14 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
I think you have to set it to 2 BEFORE starting Tob.

Ack.... are you really sure? That would suck because he's already done Watcher's Keep and Saradush, and I don't think he wants to start all over. Does anybody know if there's any other way to do it???
Old 11-17-2001, 08:51 PM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Melusine, I can't help with your problem, but I have to say that your Sig is my favorite in the forum.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2001, 10:54 PM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Sorry Mel. That must suck.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2001, 05:44 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Ack.... are you really sure? That would suck because he's already done Watcher's Keep and Saradush, and I don't think he wants to start all over. Does anybody know if there's any other way to do it???

lol, i dont have that prob. Im a victim of the restart disease.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 08:36 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Galadria, thanks for the compliment! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I love my sig myself, I've had it for ages and it has become a real part of my online identity [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hugh, thanks for the sympathy [img]smile.gif[/img]
I just finished TOB myself for the first time and it's such a shame Seb will miss out on all that roleplay! (I was romancing Anomen myself - he sure improves a lot in TOB! )

Anyway, this is also a bump, I hope anybody has a conclusive answer to my question [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2001, 06:57 AM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

bump
pout
Old 11-23-2001, 04:36 PM   #9
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Um, this MIGHT work. Probably not, but try anyway. Try CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","Global",1), it will force the next dialogue to appear. But that might not work if the romance was completed properly. Also, the love talk variable for the completed romance is 70 (or 71 if you've got a patch). Maybe if you fix the love talk variable then putting the global variable on 1 something might happen.
Old 11-23-2001, 05:19 PM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Um, this MIGHT work. Probably not, but try anyway. Try CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","Global",1), it will force the next dialogue to appear. But that might not work if the romance was completed properly. Also, the love talk variable for the completed romance is 70 (or 71 if you've got a patch). Maybe if you fix the love talk variable then putting the global variable on 1 something might happen.

No no, the romance was never completed in SOA! He never got the last fight or the harper pin from 'Terminsel'
I checked the global variables but there wasn't a love talk one. What is the exact code so I can add it in? I believe there is a CLUA command for it as well, right?
And is the value 70 for the romance completed in SOA or the entire thing?

Thanks a lot for helping me, Aelia! [img]smile.gif[/img]