Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2003, 05:53 PM   #1
Masklinn

I know it may seem hard for us to be happy in these time of troubles, but I think that it's exactly what we need atm.

'Cause if there is something we can all agree about it's that a moment of hapiness is a moment of hapiness.

So please, if something made you happy recently, share it with us and post a little something here.

For my part, it may be silly, but the sun is back over here and that cheers up my life a little. For those who remember, we had snow in the first Joy Thread. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thank you for coming Mr Spring.
Old 03-24-2003, 06:55 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Same here re the weather. We've had an extra cold winter with a LOT of snow. It's been very springlike the past few days, it's great. There is really nothing that can compare to those first days of warm spring weather [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-24-2003, 08:06 PM   #3
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I've gotten to see my brother once again and spend the day with him because I don't see him to often. He's still here. [img]smile.gif[/img]
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 03-24-2003, 08:34 PM   #4
Sir Goulum
John Locke

This should make people smile! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

SMILING is infectious, You catch it like the flu. When someone SMILED at me today, I started SMILING too! I passed around the corner and someone saw my grin When he SMILED, I realized I'd passed it on to him. I thought about that smile, then realized its worth, A single SMILE just like mine could travel 'round the earth. So if you feel a SMILE begin, don't leave it undetected.

[ 03-24-2003, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Old 03-24-2003, 09:11 PM   #5
Ladyzekke

OMG that is soooo ADORABLE Sir Goulum! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-24-2003, 09:18 PM   #6
Ladyzekke

LOL, couldn't resist posting something "cute" myself

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-24-2003, 10:43 PM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
OMG that is soooo ADORABLE Sir Goulum! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Thanks! I've got some more...odder ones. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Example:

[ 03-24-2003, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Sir Goulum ]
Old 03-24-2003, 10:57 PM   #8
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Well, I'm happy because I just lead Glasglow Rangers to win Champions League Cup in my second season as a manager in Championship Manager game.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:50 AM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

Good idea Masklinn! I agree that this is actually the best time for such a thread, we all need some cheering up I think! [img]smile.gif[/img]

The best thing I have to add to this thread is that the weather over here is just glorious for the time of the year!! Just amazing; warm, sunny, bright. You cannot help but feel better. Sunday I just stood on the balcony for a quarter of an hour, eyes closed, basking in the sun. Better than any therapist I tell you!

In other happy news, I went to the Royal Library in the Hague yesterday, together with my boyfriend, and found some critical analyses about Mozart's Die Zauberflöte that may help me writing an essay on that opera. It's the first essay I am writing after two years of illness preventing me from doing a study. I'm really over-perfectionistic and therefore progressing at snail's speed, but nevertheless I'm really happy that I'm starting to get things back on track.

Lastly, I noticed Sir Tainly added his pics of "The Collective" to Stealthy's Site at last (thanks Simon! [img]smile.gif[/img] ), and that brought back many great memories of our stay with the most hospitable gnome family in France. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-25-2003, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 03-25-2003, 09:41 AM   #10
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I got the results back from an MRI yesterday, and I only have 1 new leason in my head!
I hav'nt really talked about this on IW, but so you know, I have Multaple Sclerosis. I was DXed on 1-24-02. I of course had an MRI at that time, and had my yearly check up a couple weeks ago.
I'm not going to go into all the details, but trust me, 1 new leason in a years time, is good. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

"Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy" ---Stimpy---