Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 01:10 PM   #1
MuffinGirl
Dungeon Master

Windspear Hills. Setting of game: Novice. Area: Dungeon.

After I killed the tratior Samia and got the items from the tomb. I went on but didn't get to far. Below that are Two Greater Wolfweres and two dire wolfs. I took out the dire wolfs easily but the Greater Wolfweres are pissing me off. They refuse to die. Hell they refuse to be injured! I have attacked them with everything I have. Every weapon, every spell, every time they will not go past Uninjured! I have gotten one to injured but then when Iscrolled over him again it was back to Uninjured! With magic resistance to boot! Anyone know how to kill them?

Cast:

My Girl Aradia a Conjurer Mage
Minsc
Jaheria
Anomen
Yoshimo
Aerie
Old 12-16-2004, 01:36 PM   #2
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

They regenerate really fast, concentrate on one monster and they should slowly die. I can't remember if they need +Y weapons to hit, what do you have on you? I can't remember not being able to kill them, even if it took some time.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 01:51 PM   #3
MuffinGirl
Dungeon Master

Aradia: Quarter Staff +2
Sling +2

Minsc: Greater Hair Crossbow +3
Hangard's Axe +2
Dragon's Bane +3

Yoshimo: Short Bow +2
Short Sword of Backstabbing

Anomen: Wyvern's Tail +2
Sling +2

Aerie: Staff of Curing
Sling

Jaheria: Sling +2
Staff Spear +2
Old 12-16-2004, 02:11 PM   #4
Feral
Elminster

Try using Improved Haste. The GW's regeneration rate is so fast that you need to maximize your number of attacks per round.

Btw, is your game fully patched?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:13 PM   #5
MuffinGirl
Dungeon Master

Yes it is. LOL that was my last question *embarrassed* I am so gaming deficient. I always have to ask for help. I bet I come off as annoying! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2004, 02:14 PM   #6
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Can't be the weapons then, you can;t get much better then that in chapter 2, i certainly didn't when i have killed them. Have you caused any damage at all (in the dialogue box i mean)?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:19 PM   #7
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by MuffinGirl:
I bet I come off as annoying! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Don't worry, i bet i have aked loads of dumb questions over the years! I think i even asked about firkky once!
Old 12-16-2004, 02:32 PM   #8
MuffinGirl
Dungeon Master

Oh yes a **** load of damage! Thats why I was getting angry cause i was causing like 20poits of damage per person but they wouldn't die or become injured! *grrr* I can use the improved haste but I only have three spots for it in my book. So I can IH three people. Should I do that?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:35 PM   #9
Jorsh
Dungeon Master

I think the slow spell would reduece their regeneration rate. I'm not sure about this part and if they have magic resistance it might take a few tries anyways.
Jorsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 02:41 PM   #10
Magness
Quintesson

Also, concentrate all of your firepower onto a single target to overwhelm the Greater WW's ability to regenerate.

I do recall that GWW's have a minimum weapon enchantment required to do damage. I just do not remember if it is +2 or +3.

Also, remember that the enchantment required to damage for a missile weapon is the enchantment of the AMMO, not of the LAUNCHER.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote