Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2006, 03:19 AM   #1
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Anyone tried it? You get to play the Tau in 3 maps, the Tutorial, a Skirmish, and a part of the Campaign.

I think they're fun to play. Some buildings and units you don't have access in the demo, but what you do is really fun. The campaign map is challenging. You start out with just a builder and your commander, the ennemy has the whole map, and there are artilery shooting nonstop in your base, but once you manage to take care of the artilery things start turning in your favor.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:59 AM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I really need to get a hold of that demo. I just hope DC fixes Space Imbarines.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:50 AM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I don't think the space marines are imballanced. I usually random my army, and I don't have any more problem with one than another.

Have you tried the demo yet? What do you think of the Tau? I haven't really made any tests, I just did both missions once, but it looked like the basic Tau unit is stronger than the Space marines scouts, and the Tau Fire Warrior seemed to be very efficient too. Their commancer seem to have nice firepower, but he seemed squishy, you can usually send the Force Commander or the Eldar Farseer first to soak up some damage, but I had trouble doing that with the Tau one. But he did have a really powerfull skill, his special mines he can lay down. They slow down the units that step on it to 10% or so of it's original speed for a while, and you can spam it every minute or so. I'm pretty sure it's going to get nerfed.

There's just one thing, it seemed to take ages to kill a Dreadnought with the units we are allowed to use. Usually when I play one of the other army by the time I'm attacked by Dreadnought I can take them down in seconds, but with the Tau is was a real challenge. I'm guessing this is because we can't unlock the Fire Warriror's heavy weapons, and we don't have access to the high tier units either.

I really can't wait for this xp pack to come out, it's going to be great. I wonder how the necron will turn out, and I'm also curious about the items and skills you suposedly can get for your comander in the invasion campaign.

Oh yeah! The gunship we get to use has a special skill you can research pretty soon that has it unload all it's missiles at the same time, and it seemed as devastating as a Imperial strafing run from the commander, with the exception that since you can have up to 10 or so gunship that's some serious spammable destruction. Nerf coming here again.

[ 09-05-2006, 03:55 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]