Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 03:36 AM   #21
Link
Jack Burton

What's this The Darkest Day, FB? I never heard of it.. Does it have something to with the BG series??

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-03-2001, 04:01 AM   #22
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Civnet - very cool game!
Civ2 - had it, lost it but it was great!
Civ2 Call to Power - didn't have it
MOO2 - very, very nice, just a bit complex in the end (No, you do that, you do that, you build that...)
Warcraft - also very nice, just the difference between Orcs+Humans was... nonexistant?
Starcraft - AWESOME!
Starcraft Brood War - almost more awesome than Starcraft!
You would trade away Starcraft, Father Bronze? Sacrilege!

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 04:48 AM   #23
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

What's this The Darkest Day, FB? I never heard of it.. Does it have something to with the BG series??

------

It's a BIG 3rd party MOD for BG2, I THINK team bg is doing it. Last talk I heard was maybe late November?
try http://www.teambg.org it should have details there

Prime
Old 10-03-2001, 05:58 AM   #24
Epona
Zartan

Darkest Day is an unofficial expansion for BGII - but unfortunately I don't think it will run with TOB, so a bit of uninstalling and reinstalling the original game is necessary before you can dl it - hence I'd wait until you have well and truly done with TOB first!.

The team who produced it have a good record - so it certainly shouldn't be too buggy or anything! It sounds wonderful - I heard that it introduces a whole load of new kits amongst other things, an additional plot, quests, locations, items etc. etc. etc. Looks like it's at the Beta stage at the moment, so hopefully a final version shouldn't be too distant....

The Darkest Day website is hosted by TeamBG:

http://www.teambg.net/tdd/

And there is some info at The Elysium (another good forum in its own right!):

http://www.the-elysium.co.uk/cgi-bin.../ikonboard.cgi

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-03-2001, 06:17 AM   #25
Zbyszek

Civ2 was my favourite Strategic game until I got Call to Power. You can have slaver and catch and enslave you opponent settlers/citizens. You can have not only plain war with tanks and so on but also economical war (you drain their resources by your companies), you can perform religious attack, better biological/cybernetical warfare. Cities under water and in space. Pollution will create ecological catastrophe - but if you are under water you dont care. I liked idea that mines/roads are build not by settles (dillema what to do?, build roads, irrigations or go slowly to found new city) but by "social works", you select percentage of your income to be spend for social work and if you have enough you can start building without units.
Call to Power2 is even better - I was told - before your city could use always area 5x5 without edges. It was difficult to cover all interesting places and not to limit your cities growth. Now while your city grows, your area also grows and is more flexible - you can not take other city area. There are real borders between states and so on..
Personally I think thet Alpha Centauri is the worst one.
Old 10-03-2001, 06:25 AM   #26
Link
Jack Burton

Interesting. It sure looks like it's cool.. I will definitely try to get it, when possible!! Quoting, by the way, Prime2u, can be done by clicking on the quote button, on the top right of each reply.

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 10-03-2001, 07:07 AM   #27
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Interesting. It sure looks like it's cool.. I will definitely try to get it, when possible!! Quoting, by the way, Prime2u, can be done by clicking on the quote button, on the top right of each reply.

The Darkest Day does indeed look cool. I've been following its development since before Throne of Bhaal was announced.

As Epona correctly stated, one will need to uninstall Throne of Bhaal in order to play The Darkest Day.

It looks to be a massive game. The download is estimated to be around 300MB! The developers are hoping that some PC magazine picks it up on disk, or I think TeamBG might be organizing some way one could order it ond CD.

Right now the game is Beta testing and is estimated for release later this month. I'm not holding my breath though. It was originally estimated for release before Throne of Bhaal.

Lord Brass: I saw you sign on last month and was wondering when we would get a chance to meet. I like that term, "Alloy Allies."

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 07:29 AM   #28
Link
Jack Burton

But what I saw (screenshots) was something like Baldurs Gate 2, but then different. Is that correct, or is it an add-on?

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 10-03-2001, 07:32 AM   #29
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
But what I saw (screenshots) was something like Baldurs Gate 2, but then different. Is that correct, or is it an add-on?

It is an add-on for BGII.

75 new kits!! 75!!!! *dribble*

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 10-03-2001, 07:34 AM   #30
Link
Jack Burton

75??? WOOHOO!!! Sounds like a lotta fun!!!

------------------

Link
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst