Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 03:55 AM   #1
Ivanale
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok heres my Problem kaladorn(sp) for no reason that i can tell durring combat when AI is turned on will for some reason Target a randon person in our group, it can be anyone I have to keep a serrious eye on him as hes killed my Main character more than one after the battle was over , very frusterating. Info on Party .. 19 Rep, im using Anomen, Kaladorn, Aerie, Valagar(the Stalker) Jahera and my Main is a Neutral Good Mage. Im very sure its not on purpose i think its a bug, anyone have any experience with this? I hate controlling every little battle i preffer the Ai for the crap newbie fights but i hate having to waist a raise scroll or having to lose play time because my Main has got beat down with a +5 holy sword from a paladin who needs glasses.
Old 07-13-2001, 06:05 AM   #2
The X
Dungeon Master

Greetings...

It could be a bug for I don't have any of such problem. Just install the patch and see what happens.

Here's one place where U can find it;

http://www.baldursgatehaven.com/down...06&language=en

And welcome to the forum.

Old 07-13-2001, 07:57 AM   #3
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

If the patch doesn't address the problem you can change Keldorn's AI script and that may help.
Old 07-13-2001, 08:00 AM   #4
Kinslayer
Drow Warrior

Possible SPOILER!
Have you done Keldorn's subquests? His wife is cheating on him and if you decide to go for the "bad" response he may become a fllen paladin which will change his alignment, turning him into a bitter, black hearted, fiend. This could explain why he attacks any characters of a different alignment. I can confirm that for Anomens quests this does actually happen and he becomes a thoroughly despicable chap, not sure about Keldorn though.

[This message has been edited by Kinslayer (edited 07-13-2001).]
Old 07-13-2001, 09:53 AM   #5
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinslayer:
Have you done Keldorn's subquests? His wife is cheating on him and if you decide to go for the "bad" response he may become a fllen paladin which will change his alignment, turning him into a bitter, black hearted, fiend.
Wow, really? Heh. Was the 'bad' response saying that he/we should off the guy? I can't remember. Wow. Keldorn being a fallen paladin. That's something to see. To bad I dont have a saved game that far back, I'd love to have watched that tight nut crack.
Old 07-13-2001, 03:52 PM   #6
Ivanale
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm this is my second time through BG2, the first time was LONG ago when it first came out i was a paladin for a main but i had the same problem with Kaladorn even then and yes i did and do have the Patch, and no Kaladorn is still Lawful Good BUT there is something that was said that does make wonder something both times it did happen AFTER Kaladorn mentioned his wife quest, the first one he left group to goto the courts and he came back and the bug started. This time he was FINE untill sometime after he wanted to go home, I havent done it yet because i dont know what to do, if he takes her to court he comes back BUT he looses his wife, if he goes to talk to th guy he will want to leave the group and stay home with the woman, so ive been putting it off. Maybe this is what starts the bug but im pretty sure it is a bug and not his AI.

Thanx for the input though guys and thanx for the welcome "The X" !