Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2001, 09:26 PM   #1
Zyra

Probably a topic well covered on this board, however, can anyone give me ANY tips on the final battle with Irenicus? I didn't have too much trouble killing him at the Tree of Life, but in the Nine Hells... Tried about everything I could think up, summoning everything I could summon before the battle, buffing me with almost everything I had memorized but that bastard keeps snuffing me out like a friggin' candle!!! Please anyone give me a hint!! This is sooooo frustrating, I'm SO close!!!

Old 02-22-2001, 09:42 PM   #2
Master Sorcerer

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets see....first of all, seperate your party tanks into 2 groups, 1 for each set of demons. have the mages back up the fighters by casting spells at the demons. Wait, before all this buff your guys up with every potian/spell you got. mirror image to spelltrap to frost giant strength potions. Once you have taken care of the demons, heal everyone. do all protections again and get ready for battle. (just a note, when your in hell, dont accept the nymph cloak, in that mission and get the tear. You will get immunity to all plus 1 weapons and worse. Then go fight wraith sarevok, and he cant hurt you!!! very fun)Back to the topic. if you haven't used Limited wish yet, then use it and get the "powerful item" or whatever. It is +2 full plate, use that. Next, you need to take away irenicus's protections, (try a spellstrike scrool if you have 1, or else dispel/remove magic) do this for a while. then when his protections are down, hack at him with your tanks. He regenerates quickly so you must be attacking him at all times. Have clerics healing. Have mages blast away at him. Then hope he dies!!!
I hope ive been a help too you, so enjoy the final battle.

Old 02-22-2001, 09:46 PM   #3
RAISTLIN

I just beat him today. Right after he summons his falls I fell back and regrouped. When i did they had to run to get met(had haste spell going). This allowed me to attack them close to six on one. I had an elemenat (fire) and a shambling mound or two with me. Meanwhile, I cast death fog on the slayer who stayed out of the action. By the time I killed all the minions the slayer had been "unsummonned". I slowly walked around the area and found another slayer. It did not attack immediately so I started summoning everything while casting things like breach, lower resistance and pierce magic. Once he was injured i sent in minsc, valygar and korgan with their big bad weapons. P.S. During the break i resurrected two characters and re-equipped them( why i was not attacked while doing so I do not know)

Old 02-22-2001, 09:57 PM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

It's really a cheap shot, but lay about 15 traps where he materializes = poof.

"All's fair in love and war."