Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2001, 07:20 AM   #1
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hey all!!! guess what ...those that are concerned with our present condition here is something you would like... Military and Security have withdrew thier support against the President and the revolution is close at hand (as if it isnt already)... all the Pro-ERAP (meaning those who still support the president) is already leaving the country. The tide has turned here and soon Erap, the President, will resign (he just gotta)... since he has nothing else to do and revolution is already here and he has no more support from anyone (even from those who voted for him during the 1998 election)...

ps: i know this is a way way way way way way way off topic for all of you but Im just really happy (and our economy is already improving because of what the Military did!!)... and since its already the NEW MILLENIUM and a REVOLUTION that is happening right at my doorstep... im just lucky im alive to experience this... its not like you get to experience this everyday you know...
Old 01-20-2001, 07:55 AM   #2
Drake
Baaz Draconian

I don't know all that much about what is going on over there but Hey it is great that things are looking up for you.
Old 01-20-2001, 09:39 AM   #3
draconia

That sounds like good news. Were you scared knowing that there might be a revolution? I hope he does resign and leaves the country so everything can get better. You are very brave to be there at a time like this. I know that I would be scared and I would want to leave.

Old 01-20-2001, 09:59 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Zor, words can't express the relief i feel at what's happening there now. But i won't believe it's really happening until he does go. My parents were at EDSA for the last three days. I can imagine how excited you must feel, I felt the same way in 1986 when Marcos went (I was 11 years old). It's not something that happens everyday and let's hope that it remains non-violent.
Old 01-20-2001, 11:40 AM   #5
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

heck... i think this is the only country in the world that likes to have non-violent revolution... its good though... even though the govenment has collapse and all the government officials, well the important ones anyway, has resigned from office (meaning they dont support the president anymore)... what is happening now though is that, i think there is a new government comming soon and i dont think there will be a coo anymore... the vice-president will take over... and soon things will be back to normal...

hehe... hey Memnoch... i was only 3 years old during the 1986 revolution so... you can understand why i couldnt join...
Old 01-20-2001, 02:35 PM   #6
Marauder

One of my employees left this morning (1/19/01 EST) for Manila. His wife is Phillipino, and is already there visiting her mother. Is the airport open? I'm concerned for my guy's safety.

Thanks for any response

Old 01-20-2001, 04:29 PM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

This is incredible.
Zor, I hope you're safe, and I'm glad you're in such positive spirits.
I'm amazed at the nets contribution to communication. This is full on. The TV brought war into peoples loungerooms, but now we have a first hand account of a revolution from 'the doorstep' as it's happening!

Zor, I love your infectious posititivity and enthusiasm. You rule!

Yorick
Old 01-20-2001, 07:27 PM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I remember when Estrada was elected he had such great support from most of your country,especially the poor. It must be dissappointing for the people of the Phillipines to see how he has abused their trust. I've been to your country (Olongapo City) and it is a very nice place. Lets all hope the transition of power is as chaos-free as is possible. Good Luck to all in the Phillipines!
Old 01-20-2001, 10:22 PM   #9
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This fight is all about principle. It's about saying to these guys in power: "we are not going to put up with your bullshit any longer!" But at Zor said Filipinos don't believe in violent revolution. I would imagine that the people at these all-day, all night rallies are singing, dancing, eating, generally enjoying themselves. That's why soldiers could not bring themselves to shoot the Filipino people in 1986. So Marauder I wouldn't worry about your employee, the likelihood of political violence is quite low I would say, seeing as the military and police are on the side of the opposition. Hopefully Estrada will resign soon!

Lord of Alcohol, the reason he has a lot of support from the poor is because he promised them things (land reform etc) that he had no capacity or intention to deliver. All he intended to do was deliver money into his pocket. Hopefully this will also be a learning experience for the Filipino people (I'm half Filipino so I'm quite passionable about this!).

Zor, and Bahamut of u are reading this, you are a part of history - enjoy it to the fullest. You will look back on this in years to come and smile.
Old 01-21-2001, 12:52 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yeah But IM PRO!!!! Hehe joke... our vice-prez better be doing good or she's gonna slam harder onto the ground than Erap ever had.