Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2003, 10:23 PM   #1
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

My solo fighter (level 9) has been wearing the cloak of balduran for quite some time now. It's really useful with its +1 AC Bonus, plust its 25% magic resistance often helps me when fighting spell casters. However, the MR is also a problem. Seeing how I'm going solo, it's vital for me to keep my health up often, and to also use Draw Upon Holy Might for some extra HP, AC Bonus, constitution bonus, and strength. When I cast the spell, sometimes I have MR to it, which means I have to recast it. It's not exactly fun if it ran out and I need to cast it again in the thick of battle, only to end up being MR to it and wasting time. Also, sometimes my heal spells (also an innate ability) don't work because of MR, which also imposes a problem. However, I have been carrying Algernon's Cloak with me for quite some time. It grants 2 points to charisma, and allows me to charm a creature once a day (or is it dire charm?). Either way, it also seems like a nice cloak. I understand that both cloaks are extremely cheesey (the cloak of cheese ), but I need one or the other. BTW, my AC with out the cloak of balduran is currently at -10, and my MR with out it is at 0%. Any suggestions on which one to use?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 11:23 PM   #2
Imrahil
Elminster

I'd say definitely stick with the Cloak of Balduran. It's mildly annoying to take it off, cast your spell, then put it back on, but that will solve your magic resistance problem. Once you get used to it, you can even cast your spell, take-it-off-at-just-the-right-time, then put it back on immediately.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 11:58 PM   #3
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Well you probably dont wanna hear this but keep Balduarns Cloak.

~tiny,tiny,tiny spoiler~
Algernons cloak can be used for a quest!

Srry i had to rewrite this post because my sig was way to big! SRRY to any MOD who saw that....hopefully none did!!
Old 11-22-2003, 12:33 AM   #4
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dar'tanian:
Well you probably dont wanna hear this but keep Balduarns Cloak.

~tiny,tiny,tiny spoiler~
Algernons cloak can be used for a quest!

Srry i had to rewrite this post because my sig was way to big! SRRY to any MOD who saw that....hopefully none did!!
Yes, but if you turn in Algernon's Cloak for that quest, you can still use the Nymph Cloak in its stead...

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote