Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2002, 11:36 PM   #1
untouchable
Manshoon

I just started a solo monk and was wondering what the best way to take the damage from traps is. The traps in the lady's chamber keep killing me, and i can' t pogress without the portal key. thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:59 PM   #2
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by untouchable:
I just started a solo monk and was wondering what the best way to take the damage from traps is. The traps in the lady's chamber keep killing me, and i can' t pogress without the portal key. thanks in advance for the help.
This is basically a mini-walkthrough for the room, it details what is in each container, and the traps in the room.
SPOILER (trap and item locations)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
ok, there are seven traps in total in this room. 3 of them are set in a ring around the door. I know the top one is slime that fals on you, holds you and does 30ish damage. Can't remember ever setting the other two off. Those traps are easy to get past. Just hug the top wall, walking behind the table. If you do that you can get past without setting any of them off. The other traps you will have to set off to get into the containers. I'll describe them in Anti-clockwise order from the top of the room. First up is the chest. It has a magic missile trap on it. IIRC it is only 3 individual missiles though. Just open the chest, take some damage and grab the Bracers of defence AC 8, and the pomel jewel for the equaliser (I think there might be some potions of extra healing in there too, not sure) Next up is the only container you actually have to open. This chest is trapped twice. On the floor infront of it (conveniently placed exactly where you MUST stand to open the cest) is a spike trap. It just pops up fromt he floor and causes some damage. Since you are a monk, you don't have stone/iron skins, so you'll have to take the damage. Next is the actual chest. This too has a trap on it. I can't remember the exact nature of it (could be another spike, could be arrows), but it deals physical damage. One of these two traps also poisons you. This chest has the key you need in it. The shelves are untrapped, take the items (potion of master thievery). Last up is the table. This has a simple fireball trap on it. You don't need to open this, it only has a scroll of monster summoning 1, useless for a monk. Again, you have no spells to protect you from it, so you're gonna get burned if you open it. After taking whatever items you want, just walk out the same way you came in, hugging the top wall.

End SPOILERS.

You can rest when you get low on health. You dont have to do the whole room in one hit. Also, since you are a monk, use your lay-on-hands ability. Good Luck
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote