Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2003, 02:46 PM   #1
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Ok....i was thinking how to win this battle.PI+TS+Dragon`s Breath+ADHWs=DEAD DRAGON-I hope
Then :Repeat procedure and Wish...
But i tryed but it is so DAMN HARD FOR A SOLO SORCERER!!!

Xen
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 05:17 PM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Is it so hard to bump you old "Improved Irenicus" topic, Xen?

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 05:38 PM   #3
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Look, if you're having so much trouble with it that you need someone else to give you complete step-by-step tactics then maybe you should, oh I don't know, un-install it? a
Old 03-18-2003, 08:48 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The problem here, Xen, is that you place too much faith in only the higher level spells. Whatever happened to the rest of your level 1-7 spells? That is 7/9 of ALL your spells. If you only use 2/9 of your spells, little wonder then, that things do not go well for you.

This is a VERY common problem I tend to notice whenever I read on how other players use their spellcasters.

Within the frame of one Time Stop + Improved Alacrity, you should have been able to deplete all your level 1-7 + level 9 spells + some level 8 spells. Only then, is this truly the PRATI Tactic. The PRATI Tactic is not about high level spells, the PRATI Tactic is about throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the enemy.

Tip: Autopause when spell casted.

There is also the matter of timing, but I find it hard to explain without demostrating on a computer screen.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote