Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where are you from?
United States of America or Canada 11 61.11%
Europe or Britain 4 22.22%
Australia or Oceania 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
Melchior
Manshoon

Which phone company do you hate the most? Are you still with them or have you been able to move on?

I hate SPRINT!! ARRGH. Tomorrow I do the long awaited thing of getting a new carrier. My contract is over and they are gone gone gone. HATE SPRINT!!!!

My phone broke six months ago, and they wouldn't even sell me a phone at full price without adding a year to my contract. I hated them so much, I got by with a crappy broken phone.... ARGH!

So which company is the best then? Are any good?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:59 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I use a little company called Cricket. I don't know how far out they have managed to branch, but I don't have to keep track of my minutes at all. I could connect to the internet through that phone, and leave it on 24/7 and it wouldn't cost me any more than it does now. Not a bad rate either, unlimited local minutes/text messaging, from when I had this gf that was a big texter, and 600 minutes of long distance for 55.00 a month.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:33 AM   #3
Melchior
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
I use a little company called Cricket. I don't know how far out they have managed to branch, but I don't have to keep track of my minutes at all. I could connect to the internet through that phone, and leave it on 24/7 and it wouldn't cost me any more than it does now. Not a bad rate either, unlimited local minutes/text messaging, from when I had this gf that was a big texter, and 600 minutes of long distance for 55.00 a month.
That is AWESOME. Wow.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:00 AM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
T-Mobile is absolutely horrid. I got absolutely no service anywhere... and of course the ad campaigns infuriated me. Yes, you get more minutes. Good luck using them!

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:51 AM   #5
ocellis
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
T-Mobile is absolutely horrid. I got absolutely no service anywhere... and of course the ad campaigns infuriated me. Yes, you get more minutes. Good luck using them!
So i gather you wouldn't appreciate it all too much, if we "outsourced" the rest of the German Telecom to the US as well?
Because we would love to get rid of them here.
ocellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Verizon has provided pretty solid service for me so far. I had sprint years ago and didn't like it.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:33 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sprint's been okay, up until the last couple of weeks. I got a new phone, and noticed I could get a discount on my plan. They started the discount, but apparently that made my current bill (which is due tomorrow) past due, and they've been threatening me with turning off my service.

Yep... the bill due tomorrow is so far past due, we're going to sic collections on you.

Someone apparently has a time travel machine

I spent an hour talking with them on Saturday, and another half hour today. It should be cleaned up... or else there's going to be a lot of fun going on.

And they try to blame the computer system... don't do that to a computer guy. We know more about the system than you do... and we've never seen it...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 12:22 AM   #8
Dave_the_quack
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Melchior:
Which phone company do you hate the most?
Obviously this is a trick question. I hate them all equally! WITH NO EXCEPTION.

Well, actually, I hate whichever phone company the latest Indian man, you know, who calls around 7pm every now and again, whoever he works for. You know it's getting bad when your own service provider is calling you to make you 'sign up' with them.

Ugh.
Dave_the_quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:20 AM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Telecom, very fast in cutting people's line if you don't play their bills on time but slow to move their arse when your line got problem and need them to fix it.

Too bad though, they monopolyze everything in the country. So no choice really.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #10
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

I can't stand T-Mobile. My phone lost its signal in the middle of Amsterdam! (and people calling me often didn't get through)
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote