Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2000, 09:08 AM   #1
Krille

When you start a multiplayer game, do you play it like a single player??? and do you need two computers??? can you play alone???

Old 11-17-2000, 09:15 AM   #2
Ribs

You can play a multiplayer game alone if you choose. The advantage is that you can create more than one character. One player multiplayer games play the same as single player games with the exception that you miss out a bit on NPC interactions since you'll have fewer NPCs in your party. Once you create a multiplayer game, save and exit the game. Copy the saves gave from the multiplayer save directory to the the regular save directory. This will greatly speed up load times.

Of course, you can play multiplayer with more than one person, and it can be fun if you find a good group of people.

Old 11-17-2000, 09:52 AM   #3
Tirk

Does every player in a multiplayer game need thier own BG2 CD´s.

Old 11-17-2000, 09:56 AM   #4
rip.slaughter

Good question Tirk, I would also like to know that answer.

Old 11-17-2000, 06:54 PM   #5
Arcson

Yes everyone needs their own copies of the game. Although there are ways to do a full install and play the game without the CDs but this only encourages piracy. The NoCD patch can be found at http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

Old 11-17-2000, 08:52 PM   #6
Armisael

I use that patch anyway. Otherwise I have to sit here and listen to my cd-rom (aka the Jet Engine) the entire time I'm playing the game.

Old 11-18-2000, 11:53 AM   #7
rip.slaughter

Thanks for the useful pointers