Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 12:30 AM   #71
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon

That was all the signal he needed, and it was time to move before the show got carried away. Brendon ran at a stealthy speed into the cavern, and observed what was going on. A dim light was all that lit the place from some unknown source, and it was hard to see very far away, but it was evident that not all the small grimlocks had been effected by the spell and that the big one had been. He was running around, doing more harm to the others than had hoped for!

Brendon thought about changing the battle plan. Should he shoot the ones that were not affected by the spell? Should he take out the big one? Well...that was what was expected of him, and he heard the others coming into place. Any moment, the gnome and elf would be making their way to the sight of the prisoner...wherever that was in this gloom...and free him. Their biggest threat was a seven-foot threat...even if he was under the spell's influence. Brendon saw his shot of opportunity as the big guy came into the light a bit. He aimed and fired...

OOC>>>I am having difficulty trying to role-play in a completely lightless world, and since the other gamers are having more of an easy time than I am seeing...I am going to assume that their is a small torch light or some type of natural light from phosphorus rock or something that allows me just enough limited visibility to aim and shoot. I am aiming at big-daddy's chest area...but if he has his back to me, then it is his back and not his chest. I do not want to decide if the Grimlock is facing me in order to get a shot to the chest in...so...do what you wanna do!
Old 01-15-2003, 12:53 AM   #72
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

ooc: There is some light in that cavern. So there is something to see by. By the way, Azrael, Syrathic is a thief; a Swashbuckler. He spent some time with Rangers, and that's why I would bring it up.

Syrathic watched as Dantes' spell took affect. It sounded like a good number of grimlocks were affected, and from the way the large brute was going after his fellows, it looked like it had been affected as well. "That's us, gnome. Follow the wall if you can, and don't get seen," he whispered harshly at the gnome. The gnome jumped slightly, as he could no longer see the Elf.

Syrathic moved quickly in the direction of the prisoner as Brendon moved forward to shoot at the large brute. He moved as stealthily as he could, hoping to stay out of the way of the now unpredictable grimlocks. His duty was now the prisoner, and not the battle going on in the cavern.

The Elf hoped Dankorona was keeping up and staying out of sight. He did not want to lose his cover because the gnome was spotted. Syrathic was determined to save the prisoner before he even thought of fighting.

He stopped before he reached the where the prisoner was being kept and looked in cautiously. He needed to know what was in there first before he could make a plan to do anything. Luckily, Dankorona's short gnome legs had not been able to keep up with the swift Elf, and Syrathic had time to think before the gnome would arrive at his spot.
Old 01-15-2003, 12:54 AM   #73
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyril Darkcloud:
For Syrathic

It is a chamber of impressive size, dimly illumined in places by what seem to be the crushed remnants of glowing stones.
ooc: No problem, Larry. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
Old 01-15-2003, 01:30 AM   #74
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

OOC: my bad I totaly thought Syrathic was just a ranger *AzRaeL bows deeply and offers a humble apology* though I must say that the gnome would follow anyway just for pride's sake, him thinking there is a fellow gnome in there captive.

Dantes watches as the spell takes effect, and complete chaose erupts in the cavern. Dantes pauses but a moment to survey the cavern before rolling his tongue once again in the mysterious language of magic. The spell rolls so easily off his practiced tongue, and in almost no time at all a fireball erupts from Dantes outstretched fingers, heading for the center of the grimlock hoard.
Dankorona ducks his head and fades back into the shadow nearest him. He wasn't the best theif in the world, but he was a native of this lightless realm, and he was little, and used to not being seen. His insatiable anger led him onward, as he had faith his mates would watch his back, was his faith misplaced? He had yet to see. . . .
Old 01-15-2003, 12:00 PM   #75
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Hearing the distinct twang of a bowstring loosing it's feathered charges Morguerat rushed in, his massive blade glowing a very dim blue. Since his ordeal with the Mod Mage and gaining a small amount of arcane spellcasting power he recognised some of the whispered words, Pyros in particular caught his ear, throwing himself to the ground and rolling to the left he hoped that whatever explosive effect the spell caused would pass him by, it was only when he stopped rolling that he realised his sword was nearly a dozen feet away, where he had dropped it when he began rolling

[ 01-15-2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 01-15-2003, 06:56 PM   #76
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Brendon

Even in the dim light and shadows of this place, the large grimlock is a truly formidable sight, noticeable easily within the surrounding chaos by both his size and his ferocity. Already his great axe has felled two of his companions and his frenzied bloodlust shows no sign of being satisfied. So consuming is his rage that at first he fails to notice the deep bit of an arrow into his side or the second arrow that flies just past him. The strike of another arrow, however, fully attracts his attention and he turns in the direction of his attacker. Even as he does so there is an explosion of fire that fills the area around the fallen dragon. Perhaps if he were not struck by the arrows he might have endured the pain of the fire, but as it is he screams as he steps forward and then his burning body falls limply to the floor. The air is heavy with the stink of the burning flesh of grimlock and dragon.

For Syrathic

There are three prisoners here, two of them unconscious and the third bracing himself to receive a killing blow from the guards’ axes. Two grimlocks tower over the gnomes clearly intent upon killing them. The intense heat of the fireball distracts them, however, and they turn in the direction of their screaming fellows.

For Morguerat and Dantes

The chaos is total. The combination of sounds, smells and heat has thoroughly disoriented even those grimlocks that were not affected by the spell.

ooc: There are 2 grimlocks near the prisoners. The leader and 10 others were killed by the fireball. 8 others remain alive, 3 of them still under the affects of the chaos spell.

The initiate is still with the party as the surprise and disorientation are total.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:09 PM   #77
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Dankorona had a number of nervous habits, including stinking his hand in his pockets and talking to himself at times. This was definitely a nervous time for the gnome. Sneaking through a room full of chaotic grimlocks, with fireballs exploding around him and he could see now 3 prisoners that he had to save. The little gnome's hands strayed to his pockets, and he found an item that he had not thought about for a long time. he found a ring he had picked up earlier. It was amazing that the little ring had stayed in his pocket all this time, but there were more important things to think about at the current moment. Almost without thinking the ring slipped on to his finger, surprisingly a perfect fit for his small gnomish hands. The ring was quickly forgotten as he caught up to syrathic, and prepared to rescue the grimlock's poor prisoners.

OOC:cyril I sent a reply back [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-15-2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 01-15-2003, 08:58 PM   #78
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

OOC:sorry i'm so out of it!!!!!! hard for me to catch up somedays...er weeks!

IC:ruby hangs to the back of the group keeping wyrd by her side. pulling the mysterious, egotistical sword, she breathes deep hoping she made the right decision. *i have drawn you out, i will honor you with this fight.*

[ 01-19-2003, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]
Old 01-15-2003, 09:00 PM   #79
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon Grey

Brendon shouted in happiness for the victory. It went something like this: "Hell yeah!" He then grabbed at another arrow, and aimed at another target. He shot the missle, reloaded and shot another arrow at the grimlock standing beside the first one. He then moved on, heading in the direction of the dragon-corpse. He wanted to sneak a close-up glance at such a magnificient creature...dead or not...it was still an awsome sight to see.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:53 AM   #80
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Syrathic was surprised by what he saw. Instead of just one prisoner and one guard, as he had hoped, there were instead three prisoners and two guards. "What do you do now, Syrathic?" he asked himself.

In the cavern, the sounds of battle filled the darkness. The elf heard the twang of Brendon's bow and the chaos of the spell-affected grimlocks. Suddenly, an explosion rocked the cavern, shocking most everyone it didn't kill. Even Syrathic jumped. The two guards noticed as well, and turned away from delivering the killing blow to one of the gnomes. "Here's your chance,"
he told himself.

He quickly formed a hasty plan and prayed that it would work. The elf, still hidden from view, snuck behind the nearest guard and struck him from behind with his blades. He hoped for a killing blow here, so that he would only have to deal with one guard. He could then dash out and bring that guard into the din of the cavern, where help would be waiting. This would free up Dankorona to free the prisoners and get them out of harm's way. Of course, if both guards stayed alive, they might not both chase him, and that would make things more complicated.
Closed Thread