Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 08:33 PM   #221
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>> I have to wait until tomorrow to post. I'm feeling pretty bad right now.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:15 AM   #222
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Syrathic HP:45/74

Syrathic followed Kellor into a store. "You can obtain potions here," he said to the Elf. "You can find both healing potions and antidotes for poison in this store."

The Elf nodded and perused the selections. "Well, how many of each are available?"

Kellor turned and consulted with the shopkeeper. "He says he's got six healing potions and three antidotes."

Syrathic looked around again. "Are there any potions of invisibility, by chance? Those would be extrememly useful to one such as me," he remarked casually.

"A bit of a rogue, eh? You won't find those here, but..." Kellor paused to smile deviously, "I could get you in contact with those who could help one such as yourself."

Syrathic smiled and nodded back. "Well, let me buy these potions first, then we'll meet your 'friends.' These are just as important in some ways. I'm going to want all that he has available."

Kellor turned to the shopkeeper again while Syrathic began to grab gems from inside his cloak. The shopkeeper's eyes sparkled as he saw them. "He says that he hopes you have more than just those three gems there," Kellor translated. "He says a gem per potion."

The Elf winced. That was expensive, he thought. He only had twenty gems: his six (minus the ruby he had given to Ruby), Ruby's seven, and Morguerat's seven. He would still need some for the bartering for invisibility potions, which probably wouldn't be any cheaper. He reached into his cloak and pulled out three more gems. "I'll give you six," he said.

The shopkeeper didn't hesitate. He shook his head. "He says no. One each," Kellor translated again.

Syrathic made a show of rummaging around for another gem. "I'll give him seven."

Kellor turned to the shopkeeper again. "He says he'll make you a deal. The three antidotes for two gems, bring the cost down to eight. These healing potions are strong and hard to obtain. You won't get them for less than a gem for each one. He says it's actually lower a price than what he would normally charge."

Syrathic nodded. He knew the value of healing potions. "Okay, it's a deal. He reached into his cloak and pulled out another gem, and the shopkeeper smiled as he gathered the gems. The Elf then grabbed the potions and hid them in his cloak. He then turned to Kellor. "Let's go meet these 'friends' of yours now."

ooc: I hope this price meets your approval, Cyril. And I'm PMing you a question.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:45 AM   #223
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

*a simple knife is fine, i have no need of a dagger for fighting.*

ruby has listened to the bargaining going on, and winced at the prices. takeing her mind from syrathis, she resigns herself to trustingwhat he charges her for the rest of it.

*looks like we need to dig deeper in our bag than i thought. prices are always going up! hopefully your rodents won;t be too expensive.*
Old 02-18-2003, 04:08 PM   #224
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Dantes and Morguerat

The Clanmaster’s eyes narrow a moment in serious appraisal of these most unusual visitors. Within these two men who stand before him are, it seems, all that is so capable in surfacers of both triumph and tragedy. He dwells on this thought a moment noting that there is a boldness and nobility about this risky venture of theirs, but none of the mad recklessness of that one who brought the storms and with such violence used his very life as if it were nothing more than a weapon. His glance then turns to the sober faces of his advisors. Caught between triumph and tragedy – yes much hangs in the balance here. “You await information,” he says to the mage, “and such information as is ours to give you shall have. But I would first hear this news you bring so that I may know how best to answer you.”
Old 02-18-2003, 06:30 PM   #225
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon Grey 61/70

Brendon looked over the wares that were presented to him. He saw nothing that he *had* to have, and decided to save his money. Seeing Syrathic leave one merchant-looking guy, Brendon decided to check that place out next. What he found was no better than the last place, plus it appeared that Syrathic had bought up all the potions that this man was desirable to sell.

The rest, he wanted for his own family. Finally fed up with trying to find something of value to himself here, Brendon started out for where he'd seen the lady-elf. It was beginning to become more curious as to what she might be doing down here and where she planned to go.

OOC>>>Syrathic, I think you are the only one in the area that has me in visual sight. With Dantes and Morgie in the building...Ruby hiding somewhere...and Dankorona...???...I forget...that leaves you, me, and my cleric out in the open, right?

If you want, you can see me walking around trying to find her and stop me, or tell me where you think the others have gone...or whatever. I am getting kind lonely out here by myself! Lol!

[ 02-18-2003, 09:56 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 02-19-2003, 01:07 AM   #226
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Syrathic HP:45/74

Syrathic followed Kellor out of the store as Brendon walked in. "Have you seen anyone else, Brendon? I haven't seen anyone around since I started shopping. Ruby's hiding somewhere, so I doubt you could find her around. I think Morguerat and Dantes went to talk to the elders, and if I'm not mistaken, Dankorona with them," he said. "And I haven't seen Anarrima since she left to find Morguerat and Dantes. I wonder where she went?" Syrathic shrugged. "I still have a few things to do myself. Ruby asked me to buy some things for her, and Kellor here is taking me to a place where I can get some, uh... helpful items for myself. I'll meet you back by the Smith when I'm done."

Kellor led the Elf to a tavern a little ways away from the rest of the stores. "This is the place. Let me do the talking," Kellor said. "They're a bit suspicious, as you would expect."

Syrathic nodded and followed the Gnome inside the tavern. Kellor went up to the only table that was occupied and started a casual conversation while the Elf hung back. Finally, Kellor pointed at the Elf and the Gnomes at the table nodded, meaning that Syrathic could approach. "They say they can help you out," Kellor explained. "They were a little unsure at first, but I convinced them you were okay. They said they have a couple of things that might interest you, if you have the gems to pay for them."

One of the Gnomes pulled out three potions and set them on the table. "Potions of invisibility," Kellor explained. Syrathic nodded and began rummaging in his cloak for gems. He set three on the table and the Gnomes murmured. "You're going to need more than that," Kellor translated.

Syrathic sighed to himself. He had been hoping to get lucky, but it looked like these Gnomes knew the price of their wares. He pulled out two more gems. "This should be more than enough, if I can judge their value correctly."

The Gnomes at the table nodded and then said something to Kellor. "They say that they agree to the price, and for showing that you understand their value, they have something else to show you." One of the Gnomes pulled out a dagger. "This dagger will help you see clearly in the darkness of the Underdark. Eight gems will get you it and the three potions, if you'd like to purchase this dagger."

Syrathic's eyes lit up as he saw the blue-bladed dagger. Even in the lighted tavern, it had a glow of its own. "Only three gems for it? I'd be stupid not to take the deal." Syrathic nodded excitedly and brought out three more gems. "I'll take it."

Outside the tavern, Syrathic turned to Kellor once more. "One of my companions needs some other types of items. Can you help me out with acquiring them?" he asked, telling him about Ruby's request.
Old 02-19-2003, 11:24 AM   #227
TAOWolf
White Dragon

She successfully resists the voices, when the creature makes a different kind of attack. As the bright light flashes, the bracer around her neck matches the glow, something she is used to. Her eyes narrow in the light, and as it dims she slams her staff into the ground twice, the crystal atop it shooting two bolts of fire towards the creature, as she wraps the Warders cloak around her, blending into the walls and moves past the creature to the new tunnel, and turns, her eyes flashing bright purple as she reaches into a pouch, pulling out wolfsbane and belladonna, crushing them in her fist as it trickles to the floor in front of her......
Old 02-19-2003, 03:12 PM   #228
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Morguerat 87/105

As the doors to the clan meeting hall close Morguerat explains the reason for their journey, explaining all he knows of the forces at work, the mysterious, Euryale rune engraven upon the weapons of the patrol leaders, the uniforms the grimlocks wear, the shadowhounds serving the Grimlocks (mentioned because I'm not sure if it's a normal occurance), and ultimatly leading up to the rescue of the gnomes and the discovery of the slain dragon, and smashed eggs, and the darkened stone that had been quarried from the dragons lair (along with the careless looting, and how many valuables had been left behind, as though the real treasure was not the magical artifacts, or hard coin but something else, taken for unseen reasons).

As he concludes his tale of ill portents he shows the gnomes some of the teeth he harvested, as well as the claws. "I know the dragon fought for a noble cause, and forfeit it's life as a result, I desire to allow part of it to continue the fight, these claws were severly damaged in it's battle, and I would like to have them strengthened so they could be affixed to a lance, to this end I require a coating of metal to be placed upon it, I would prefer the rare metal, Mithril, but I am realistic and know you probably would be unable to provide it, an alloy of silver and the finest steel would be fine, but my needs require a rare craftsmanship, a level of which would allow the weapons to be later enchanted. I have very little in the way of money, but hope the service of returning your countrymen will help cover the costs, I also have some skill with the forge, and will be happy to aid the smith in whatever way I can."

[ 02-19-2003, 03:13 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 02-20-2003, 12:58 PM   #229
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon Grey

Brendon looked around after he spoke with Syrathic until he found the elven lady at work outside the residence of a gnome. Being a bit bashful, but shrugging that aside as best he could, he approached her and began to talk.

Brendon: "Hello! My name is Brendon Grey."

Anarimma: "Well met, travellor. I am Anarrima Culurien, resident of Evermeet. I have spoken with one of your friends...Syrathic, I believe."

Brendon: "Er...yes, ma'am. We are passing through these tunnels because the mountains were unpassable. Tell me, how have you come about being here?"

Anarimma: "It is a terrible story to relate now. Let it suffice to say that I wish to be gone from this dismal world as soon as possible, and would like to offer my services as a Cleric of my Lady, Ahurani Fairhand to your group, should you allow me to travel with you."

Brendon: "Well, okay by me...we need a Cleric for sure...so...let me take you to meet Morgeraut and Dantes. They are leading this expedition and would certainly like to be counselled with concerning a new party member. Will you follow me?"

Anarimma finishes the job she was laboring in, gets paid her wage and sets off with Brendon in search of the others.

[ 02-20-2003, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 02-20-2003, 06:50 PM   #230
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Question Mark

OOC:I am not the leader Morgy is. [img]smile.gif[/img]