Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 09:50 AM   #111
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon Grey 59/70

"Indeed, I was in a vulnerable position, but was relieved to see your appearance at that dark hour. I am indebted to your consideration for my life. As they say in the slums...I got your back!"
Old 01-22-2003, 12:26 PM   #112
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

OOC: Cyril PM [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2003, 03:53 PM   #113
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

ruby is kneeling with the injured gnomes, doing her best to help. pushing wyrd's head away eachtime he goes to lick one of the gnomes wounds. as her hands begin to shake she pulls away and simply buries her face in wyrds mane.

soon her trmbling stops, and her humming starts. wyrd lays down beside the incapacitated gnome, in a protective manner. *good boy.*

getting up carefully ruby walks to syrathic with her pack. "i've some small training in binding wounds and helpful poultices, may i?"

[ 01-22-2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: RevRuby ]
Old 01-22-2003, 05:35 PM   #114
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Azrael, I'm simply going to post the results of Dantes' preliminary exploration of the area -- it was the true seeing spell that allowed him to perceive the tears of the dragon. I'll send out an answer to your PM a little later.

A battle has been fought in this space whose conflict was much more furious and violent than the recent clash of the party with a band of scavenging humanoids. The sheets of ice and frosted patches of stone seem to be the result of the icy breath of the dragon being used repeatedly within this place. There is no sign however of the terribly chilling dragon’s breath having claimed a victim. The head of the dragon has been brutally staved in by blows of tremendous force and even the great ribs of the beast have been broken. Near the fallen creature there are great gouges in the stone floor from its claws. And a careful examination of moisture near the its head reveals a small pool of that most rare of liquids – the tears of an ancient wyrm. That the beast was ancient in years is obvious from the muted majesty that lingers within the broken and mutilated corpse.

A short distance away, the reason for the creature’s tears becomes evident. Scattered rudely about the cavern floor are the remnants of great silver colored eggs, eggs that have been crushed with a merciless thoroughness before the eyes of the helpless dragon. Just beyond the broken fragments of egg lies the opening to what must have been the repository of the creature’s horde. That a horde was located here seems obvious by the haphazard scattering of what appear to be gems and coins. More mysterious, however, is that the walls themselves have been looted here. Enormous slabs of stone have been recently hewn from the walls and floor of this smaller chamber.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:54 PM   #115
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Dantes stoops to collect a vial of the tears, and pauses to gather some of the creature's blood. He then continues over to the eggs and collects all of the borken pieces of several of the eggs, hoping that maybe one day his magics would be able to bring the creatures back. A dragon egg was a rare thing and for these to be destroyed along with their mother, would take a feat of extreme power and evil. Thoughts beat his brain like rain in a hurricane. What could have defeated such a creature, and why? Why would they loot the walls? What power is in them, how if at all does this relate to our quest? Hopefully the gnomes would have answers. Dantes approached them and began to ask them questions in his best gnomish. "How did you come to be captives of these grimlocks? Do you know what happened to the dragon here? Do you know why they wanted the stone of the treasure chamber?" Dantes patiently waited for answers.

OOC: is there still any treasure left in the hoard room or not?
Old 01-22-2003, 08:58 PM   #116
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Don't get your hopes up on the infant dragons -- multiple wishes, at the very least, would need to be employed to even have a chance at restoring them. The evil at work here is exceedingly powerful and completely ruthless.

I'll have a post up that answers your questions a bit later tonight.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:47 PM   #117
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

OOC: LoL I wasn't implying bringing them back in this RP. Just that he was thinking maybe way in the future after years of research. Plus I dont think a dragon would fit through a lot of the tunnels and then I would have to waste all my spell slots on passwalls lol
Old 01-22-2003, 11:24 PM   #118
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For the Morguerat formerly known as “Sir”

The scent of fresh blood and charred flesh mingles with that of the slowly decaying mass of the dragon. Death is heavy within the air of this place and breathing is like the drawing of death into one’s lungs. Death, the undoing of life and a steady companion within these tunnels calls out in its grim silence to those things that have come to an end in the life of the one who is no longer a knight.

See! Yes, see! ..... Another mighty in the cause of good broken and cast aside ..... A champion reduced to mere food for scavengers ...... See! O yes! And see now within your grasp one of the pathetic scavenging wretches that feast on the broken ...... Pathetic. Wretched. O yes! ..... But this pathetic creature lives and his brothers have feasted on the good that has fallen ..... And what of you? What worm shall feast itself on you?

Perhaps in different air that strange and subtle scent of the grave might be discerned here. But the air of this place is filled with the stink of death and painful memories often need no outside help to stir them to dark reflection.
Old 01-23-2003, 12:21 AM   #119
TAOWolf
White Dragon

As she goes farther and farther into the cleft, she senses she is deep under ground, and stops suddenly, listening....

"I hear..........voices?"
Old 01-23-2003, 12:39 PM   #120
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Dantes

Intense emotions are written across the faces of the two gnomes that are conscious – gratitude, relief, terror and sadness mingle with a deep concern for their wounded and delirious companion. Even to the untrained eye it is clear that death will soon claim the gnome if his condition cannot be improved. Leaving his fellow to tend to their wounded friend, one of the gnomes walk to where Dantes stands.

Grateful to be addressed in a dialect of his own language he smiles. “My thanks,” he says simply. “I did not enjoy the thought of being on the menu of those creatures. Or worse,” his eyes sparkle with a flash of gnomish humor, “being a slave who becomes a menu item.” In spite of his humor, the gnome shudders at the thought. “We came ......” his voice trails off with emotion and he pauses.

“..... we came to seek the aid of Adalon,” his voice is hoarse and low as he points in the direction of the fallen dragon. “Long has the great dragon been the guardian and protector of those who have not surrendered to the shadows. But the shadows have grown dark once more and things have begun to move, things like those that moved within these tunnels before - in the time of the One that Mods.” His eyes grow wide as he continues, “The drow – even the drow have been slaughtered! News of the destruction of their city reached us some days ago and we came to seek the wisdom and protection of mighty Adalon .....” Again he stops. “...... but our protector is dead ......”

“We were stunned to find the ice of her breath lining the walls and the wards to her lair exploded. Seeing signs of battle we made our way quietly into the chamber where she receives visitors only to ..... only ...... only to find her dead ........” Again he falls silent. “I do not know how long we stood there just looking. Too stunned we were even to move. As we turned to make our way home we heard the approach of the grimlocks and hid ourselves, but they had a beast of shadow with them, a hound who marked our scent .....” He exhales a deep and slow breath, “The rest of the story, I believe you know.”

He extends his hand to the mage, “I am called Cedrick.” Pointing to his fellows, he adds, “And that is Kellor. Dellon, as you can see, does not fare so well.”
Closed Thread