Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2003, 05:45 PM   #101
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Morguerat - You kill one of the 3 grimlocks. The other two are ensnared in the webs that you managed to avoid. Dantes is presently making his way toward them. A natural 20 on your save means not only have avoided the spell effects, but you are also in good position should you wish to move to aid Syrathic.

Brendon - You'll need this round to continue recovering your bearings, but should be able to attack normally on the following round. The fall did 4 points of damage. Thanks to Syrathic, your bow is also near to hand.

Syrathic - You struck one of the grimlocks a glancing blow for minor damage. Their rage is making them fierce and effective opponents -- you have been hit twice for 13 points of damage.

[ 01-20-2003, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 01-20-2003, 06:09 PM   #102
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

OOC:this post is PG-13 :| due to graphic violence
ICantes saw that his spell was succesful and that Morgeraut had manged to kill the untangled Grimlock, it was simply up to him to mop up. Dantes let a grim smile touch his lips for but a split second before he flew into action. Dantes spun in a lightning quick 180 degree arc, turning his back to the entangled grimlock for but a second as his blade shot straight backward entering the grimlock's chest, and coming clean out the creature's back. It made one last gasp for breath as his struggles against the webbing subsided, but Dantes was not even there to witness it. As soon as the katana went into the creature it came out again. Dantes spun again this time spining into the remaining grimlock with his outstreched blade whistling in a blistering arc at the trapped creature's throat. Dantes spun through the grimlock without slowing and began walking toward where Syrathic battled the remaining creatures. Meanwhile the remaning grimlock's body sagged to the floor, the weight of it too much for the slashed webbing. Blood squirted from the hole between the shoulder blades, where the creature's head used to be. The mouth of the grimlock formed what some might consider a smile as it hung there, suspended by the webbing 6 feet above the rest of the fallen creature's twitching body.

[ 01-21-2003, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 01-20-2003, 06:33 PM   #103
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

OOC: sounds good. At least I got rid of one of them.

IC: Morguerat looked around and seeing Syrathic taking damage from several quarters charges over and swings the enchanted steel of his sword around and downward attempting to cleave one of the grimlock's in twain with a single blow, hoping that it would at the very least give Syrathic a chance to gain a better location to strike from.

[ 01-21-2003, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 01-21-2003, 01:02 AM   #104
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Syrathic

Unruly creatures at even their most tranquil of moments, there is nothing that resembles reason to be seen in them in a frenzy such as this. Perhaps the killing rage is a product of the effects of magic cast within the chamber. Perhaps the overwhelming scent of blood is the cause. Or, perhaps it is simply the frightful odds they face which has driven them to such a state. Be the cause whatever it may be, however, the brutal fact remains that the grimlocks’ every movement is one that intends death. Axes swing in relentless violence and the elf, though swift in movement, is struck again. Grunting in fury the humanoids press their advantage until one of them suddenly pulls up short, a great pain searing through his shoulder and ribs. Falling forward, he lands roughly on the ground and struggles to regain his balance. But there is more than pain in his wound, there is the movement of blood and the frenzied beating of an enraged heart works now against the grimlock and with the terrible magic of the sword. In a few moments he will be dead, his blood flowing into the already glutted soil of this place. The second grimlock pauses as his companion falls, his movement thrown off course.

ooc: You have been hit for another 7 points of damage. Morguerat’s attack killed one of the grimlocks and bought sufficient distraction for the initiative to be yours. 2 sword hits will kill the grimlock – I leave the dice rolling in your hands.

[ 01-21-2003, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 01-21-2003, 03:32 AM   #105
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Syrathic's charge was ill-fated, and as he struck a glancing blow on one of the grimlocks, he received two hefty blows himself. The axes bit deeply into the Elf's flesh, but although he felt the pain, he ignored it as best as he could. Having just rushed into the fray, his battle-lust was still strong, and the adrenaline coursing through his veins kept the pain from affecting him.

With the frenzied bloodlust of the grimlocks trumping his practiced finesse in this exchange, Syrathic decided he needed to change tactics if he were to win this battle. He took a step back, going to a defensive posture, swords looking to parry then counter.

The grimlocks advanced again, swinging their axes savagely. With a turn of a blade, the Elf was able to deflect the first blow to come his way, but he was unable to evade the next blow, which came from the other grimlock. Again, the sharp edge of the axe tore into the flesh of the Elf, and more blood fell to the ground.

Syrathic retreated again, but as he did this time, a sword ripped into the grimlock nearest the middle of the cavern. The blade sliced through its shoulder and into its ribs, and the grimlock fell to the floor grunting in anger. The towering form of Morguerat appeared behind the grimlock, his hands holding the large sword that had disrupted the attack.

The grimlock did not die right away, however. But it served to distract the remaining grimlock, as it turned to see what had happened to its compatriot. Syrathic, seeing the grimlock look toward the carnage, saw his chance to end the encounter. With an Elven war cry, he stopped his retreat and charged forward, his blades seemingly flashing in anger.

The moment's distraction was all the Elf had needed. The grimlock was unprepared for the sudden rush of its opponent and the Elf wasted little motion with his killing strikes. The long sword in his right hand ripped through the grimlock's side, causing the grimlock to lower his arms, leaving its chest exposed. With a powerful thrust with his left arm, the blade tore through the grimlock's heart, the tip of the Elf's sword finding it's way out the other side of the ribcage.

As the now dead grimlock slid off the blade and onto the ground, Syrathic fell to one knee, his wounds finally overcoming him as his opponent was vanquished. "Check on Brendon," he managed to say to Morguerat, his words a just audible whipser. "We're even now," he thought to himself, remembering Brendon's selfless charge against the bulette.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:14 AM   #106
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: With the death of the final grimlock, the battle here has reached its end .....

Morguerat - Given your interest in such things, I'm assuming your character will be the one to examine the great axe of the leader. It is marked by the same device you found earlier, a serpent coiled around an eye and the word Euryale.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:50 PM   #107
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Dantes hp:76/76

With the conclusion of the battle there was much to be done, and much to be discovered. Dantes addressed the party, "I think we should rest here for a time and tend our wounds, as well as gather all the information that we can. Grimlocks couldn't have killed this dragon, so we need to find what did and more importantly, why. I would also like to study that mysterious rune for a time, as well as get a sample of the fallen dragon's blood. It can be used for many powerful spells. Also most dragons have a hoard, we should try and find that, there may be some items there that may help us in our quest. There may also be some secret passages or cache's of items in the area, I will go look for those at this time, if you could establish a perimeter and question the gnomes." With that said Dantes began mumbling in a low voice in the unmistakable language of magic. His hands moved in a intricate pattern around his head, and he removed a jar of ointment from his robe abd rubbed it on his eyes. The ointment glowed a bright red color to all who witnesses it, as Dantes began to trace runes in the air. the runes glowed a startling white as they hung there suspended in the air. As Dantes uttered the last syllable of the spell the brightness ot the runes and ointment grew in intensity to a blinding white and red, then suddenly disappeared. Dantes set about to explore the surrounding area and the chamber.

ooc:I just cast a true seeing spell. I suggest we rest a little bit here, at least so I can recover my spells. I didn't really get hurt last battle but my spell list is now lacking, plus I'de like to pick up some spells that may be more effective for us.

assuming we agree to rest that long CYRIL, I will get you an updated spell list also PM me and let me know what I find, if anything, and what I learn from studying the rune [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: turn off siggy, sorry i forgot, asnd i'll probably edit again later for spelling mistakes

[ 01-22-2003, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 01-21-2003, 08:34 PM   #108
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Question Mark

With the fighting over and done with Morguerat stopped to examine his injuries, seeing just how deep they ran, as well as the damage his armor had sustained, elven chain was not easy to come by in Morguerat's size, and the axes had surely done a number on it, with as much blood as he had lost from the wounds taken from the two grimlocks. After surveying the damage, he angrily stalked to the one that was bleeding to death, and quickly stopped it's wounds, binding them carefully, more carefully than he had his own (OOC:attemping to save it's life) after tending to it's wounds he bound it with the rough horsehair rope he had brought along, making several elaborate knots that would be all but impossible to untie, even for someone skilled in the tying and untying of knots. (a series of granny knots so overlapped and convoluted that the creatures arms and midsection look more like coils of knots rather than a living creature, it has room to breathe inside the ropes, but only just barely).

Growling out words in dwarven (what other language outside of orcish would have so many swear words for just this occasion) he kicked the prisoner and glared at his companions under his helmet and closed visor.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:52 PM   #109
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>I just realized something...I don't think I, nor anyone else is really keeping up with our stats! I have been letting Cyril pretty much determine if I can or cannot do a move that I have scripted...but to make it easier on him...I am going to keep my HP posted. That much, I at least can keep up with. Rolls for penalties or bonues, or if I can perform a function is still left up to the DM. For those that have MP...maybe you could also post that as well??? Just a suggestion. Help our DM a little.

Brendon Grey 59/70

Brendon sat up and shook his head. It hurt where he'd hit his skull on a rock underneath him, as well as a few other areas were sore and screaming for attention. Mostly, he was disoriented. He stood up, trying to get his bearing on where he was. He saw his bow nearby that had been dropped on the run for him. He realized he was behind the dead dragon. He picked up his gear that had been dropped and while holding his side, stumbled around the other side, where the rest of his companions were. It appeared that the battle had been won, and minor injuries were the worst part of it. He looked around for the elf and gnome. How were the prisoners?

Brendon decided that he'd brave speaking up. It appeared safe and quiet now.

"Hello?"

[ 01-21-2003, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-22-2003, 04:21 AM   #110
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Syrathic HP:43/74

With a heavy sigh, Syrathic pulled himself to his feet. Between this battle and the wounds he had taken from fighting that first shadow hound, he was starting to get worn down. After sheathing his swords, he held one of his arm close to his body. For some reason, he felt less pain when doing that.

Hearing Dantes' call for rest was music to the Elf's ears. "I could use some rest as well. I keep sticking my ears into things I shouldn't." He didn't know if anyone would get the joke, since the humor of Humans was often strange.

He looked at Morguerat, watching as he tended to the orc. The man was grim, and the Elf thought, "Does the guy ever smile? I've seen rocks that have more emotions." But he thanked the man for his help anyway, and tried not to be intimidated by the man's glare.

Seeing Brendon rise to his feet, Syrathic quickly took the opprotunity to see his friend, anything to get away from the warrior's angry looks. "Are you okay, Brendon? I saw your fall and rushed over as soon as I could. Luckily, Ruby and her lion friend came to help, else you might've been at the mercy of those grimlocks." He broke into a smile. "Now you can't say that I've never done anything for you."
Closed Thread