Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 12:00 AM   #91
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: No need to change things, Azrael.
Old 01-19-2003, 01:56 AM   #92
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Syrathic knelt down near the first prisoner and shook the gnome carefully, which caused the gnome to groan and start to move. He turned and saw Dankorona starting to walk away with the conscious prisoner. "Gnome! Get back over here. I might need help with these two, and that one looks like he'll be able to walk fine on his own!"

The Elf helped the first gnome to its feet. The gnome wasn't in too bad of shape, but would need help walking. The second was not in good shape at all. "Gnome! This one needs lots of help. I don't know if I can carry this one. I don't think he can move on his own. The others can walk, this one here can't." He looked around at the others. "I need someone or a couple of you to carry the front of him. I'll carry the legs, and if we get attacked, you'll have to drag him while I fight off the grimlocks. Anyone not helping just needs to stay close to us. Unless you want to try and run them out of danger one at a time?" He wasn't sure if the battle would spill over into the area of the prisoners, and it seemed best that they should get the gnomes out as quickly as possible. At least he'd be ready to cut down any grimlock that charged.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:25 AM   #93
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

a small hesistant voice from the back stutters as it tries to speak, "w-wyrd can carry him. until there's more to fight." the down hearted face on ruby shows her shock and pain at seeing the majestic dragon lifeless. the sword she so boldly pulled for battle hang limply in her hand, touching the ground with it's tip.

looking around and seeing the fight she totally missed, and the fact that she completely blanked out, ruby starts to apologize. but when she looks at the prisoners she starts to weep, "i am so sorry. is hould never have been affected so....."
Old 01-19-2003, 11:13 AM   #94
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Brendon

The human is quick and he has hidden himself well within the scent of meat and the size of the great body. Still the killing fury burns within the and still their muscualr and scaly arms swing their axes hoping for the feel of living flesh and a groan of pain to greet their blades. The swinging of the axes is without success, but from atop the beast there is a noise, a small grunt of satisfaction, a subtle noise but one that conveys much. Seizing the plated armor of the corpse, strong hands find a purchase for their grip and a moment later one of the humanoids is close enough to strike. The blow finds the human just as he reaches for his bow.

ooc: Tiresome, perhaps, but deadly as well ..... [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] Brendon is struck for 7 points of damage. The second grimlock is now moving into position to strike.
Old 01-19-2003, 11:25 AM   #95
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Azrael - I PMed the effects of the spell your way. Feel free to go ahead and post after Morgurat's next action.

Morguerat - You will need to save against being entangled by the web spell [after your combat move], but as Dantes was attempting to cast the spell so as not to entangle you the save will be made at +4. The need to roll a save is simply a result of the unpredictable movements of melee combat. Regardless of the result of the saving throw, you have your usual combat actions first.
Old 01-19-2003, 12:16 PM   #96
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brendon Grey

Brendon had been aiming at a grimlock at the rear of teh conflict between them and Morgie, when suddenly searing pain ripped through his thigh. Crying uot in anguish, Brendon realized that his attackers had learned to climb. He desperately tried to stand up and move up and back, but lost his balance in the attempt, and fell backwards off the dragon's carcass...landing on his back on the ground behind the felled creature. For a moment, he was dazed...trying to remember what had happened to get him here. His bow had been thrown out of his reach somewhere, and he could just look up toward the spot where he had leaped.

OOC>>>Cyril, let me know how dazed Brendon really is from that fall off the dragon, and how moblie he is during his next roll.

[ 01-19-2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-20-2003, 12:03 AM   #97
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

ooc: Now why can't that happen when I use the really big monsters that can swallow characters in a single gulp??????

Nice post, Larry. But so that we don't get too far ahead of things I'd like to wait a little longer on Morgeruat's post before answering your question.
Old 01-20-2003, 03:36 AM   #98
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

With a grunt, Syrathic and Dankorona hefted the body of the gnome that couldn't walk and began to walk back to where the group at gathered before. "Sheesh. You gnomes are heavy," Syrathic muttered.

As they ventured forth, the Elf heard the voice of Ruby coming to meet them with Wyrd, offering help. "Yes, we could really use some help here," Syrathic said. "I don't know if we could make it all the way back carrying this guy. Your help is appreciated."

The Elf turned to survey the battle situation. He was just in time to see Brendon's fall from the dragon. He turned to Ruby, "I trust you can take care of these gnomes. Brendon needs help!"

With a quick reach, he pulled his two swords from their sheaths and ran toward his fallen friend. Brendon's bow had fallen quite far from him and Syrathic used the flat part of one of his blades to lift and then slide the bow to his arm, pausing only slightly in the process, as he ran. As he neared the fallen man, he let it slip from his arm, and the bow landed near Brendon's dazed body.

By this time, the grimlocks had made their way off the dragon's carcass and around to where Brendon was now laying. The grimlocks were in such a frenzy that the appearance of a new foe did nothing to halt them, and they charged at the Elf. Syrathic bowed his head quickly, as if accepting a duel, and rushed forward to meet their charge, blades flashing as he moved. "Find your bearings quickly, Brendon," he silently hoped as he attacked.
Old 01-20-2003, 12:42 PM   #99
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC>>>Then I await Morgie's post, Cyril. I'll just lay here and dream for a while...it's actually quite comfortable stone I am laying on. Smooth to the touch, and a not too cold. Maybe due to the silver blood I am now covered in, eh?
But what did you mean by ooc: Now why can't that happen when I use the really big monsters that can swallow characters in a single gulp??????

Oh...by the way Syrathic...that was a cool image of your acceptance of the dual! I can just see it! But, you need a black hooded cloak. And your eyes need to catch that spark of light as you smirk at oncoming death. Yeah dude!

[ 01-20-2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 01-20-2003, 05:25 PM   #100
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

OOC: Sorry about being MIA lately, I have been busy running PnP games of werewolf: the apocalypse all weekend.

IC: Morguerat doubles over from the twin vicious slashes across his body but summons up enough willpower to avoid going down, knowing that if he fell, the creatures would likely not let him rise again. Holding his massive sword in both hands he swings it in a vicious slash and immediately reverses it once it passes the third grimlock, hoping to take down at least two of the humanoids. Shortly after swinging his weapon the area around him is filled with masses of sticky webs. The attack fortunately sent Morguerat away from the center of the spell, and he avoided the webs completely (rolled a natural 20 on my save).

[ 01-20-2003, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Closed Thread