Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2004, 09:11 AM   #1
Kensteroony
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, im gettin a problem at the bit in iwd where u beat up that Poquleunefisn guy after u place the badges back in dorns deep. When u injure him it does that cinematic sequence and then takes u back to easthaven. But when i get out of the cinematic sequence it sort of freezes. I can see the party but all the options are blurred out, as if ur about to speak to someone important, and i cant get out of that since it stays in that mode.
Ive got the patch v1.06 or whatever and that aint worked :'(
Any ideas (which hopefully dont include reinstalling [img]tongue.gif[/img] )?
Kensteroony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:22 AM   #2
Calagari
Manshoon

First of all Welcome to the forums! My first question is did you have any problems with the other cutscenes? Do you have some apps running in the background? Freeing up rescources would be the first thing I would look at. Shut down everything and try it again. Last but not least would be the driver question. Do you have the latest drivers for your video card?
I don't know if any of this will help but it is all I have to offer.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kensteroony:
Hey, im gettin a problem at the bit in iwd where u beat up that Poquleunefisn guy after u place the badges back in dorns deep. When u injure him it does that cinematic sequence and then takes u back to easthaven. But when i get out of the cinematic sequence it sort of freezes. I can see the party but all the options are blurred out, as if ur about to speak to someone important, and i cant get out of that since it stays in that mode.
Ive got the patch v1.06 or whatever and that aint worked :'(
Any ideas (which hopefully dont include reinstalling [img]tongue.gif[/img] )?
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 09:32 AM   #3
Kensteroony
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It only went and worked first time! I always ask for help then it works like it was never broken! :/ But a-Thank-a-you-a
I made sure no other programs were running and never used protective spells incase it was having trouble carrying them to easthaven.
I feel like i wasted a topic :/
Old 10-17-2004, 09:52 AM   #4
Calagari
Manshoon

Maybe it was that Protection from evil spell I cast at your machine after I posted? Anyways Good Luck and don't be a stranger here.

Quote:
It only went and worked first time! I always ask for help then it works like it was never broken! :/ But a-Thank-a-you-a
I made sure no other programs were running and never used protective spells incase it was having trouble carrying them to easthaven.
I feel like i wasted a topic :/
Old 10-17-2004, 11:21 AM   #5
Kensteroony
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yay! I finished Icewind Dale!! Is it worth getting Icewind dale 2??
Old 10-17-2004, 01:17 PM   #6
Calagari
Manshoon

I already have it and will play it when I finish IWD

Quote:
Yay! I finished Icewind Dale!! Is it worth getting Icewind dale 2??
Old 10-17-2004, 02:17 PM   #7
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Very definatly eorth it.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:46 PM   #8
jmsteven
Dungeon Master

I had the exact same problem where my game froze after the movie, but didn't have HOW or TOTL installed. I ended up reloading and starting over at the beginning, but also loaded HOW and TOTL. I hope it works this time.
jmsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 01:07 PM   #9
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

I had the same problem, I fixed it by (and this may sound weird) not having all perty members selected when the cut-scene starts.

Either that or having at least one idle-player. I think if all members are carrying out a task it freezes.

Hope this helps...