Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2002, 08:33 AM   #11
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
quote:
Originally posted by Keraptisdm:
Get some Protection from Undead scrolls. Use it, and walk into areas where there are lots of undead. They run from you. You can then pelt them with arrows and/or other ranged weapons. But, if you stroll into the fray with the whole party, people without the protection will get attacked.
Lord Brass' tactic is really good too.
I think you have wandered off in the wrong forum, because there are no such scrolls in IWD. BG2 though, does have those scrolls.[/QUOTE]Maybe not normally, but my one and only time using cheats, I created some Protection from Undead Scrolls. Interesting effect. But, the game got boring while using the cheats, (and I was only in Dragon's Eye) so I bagged that party.
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:55 AM   #12
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Then you should have mentioned the cheating part, or people will get confused on how you obtained those scrolls. This thread is about cheesy tactics, not cheating.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 09:11 AM   #13
Keraptisdm
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Then you should have mentioned the cheating part, or people will get confused on how you obtained those scrolls. This thread is about cheesy tactics, not cheating.
I didn't remember that the Protection from Undead scrolls were not in the normal game. After you mentioned it the little light came on, and I said "Opps". Sorry. Can you remove that boot from my backside now, please?
Keraptisdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 09:59 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Keraptisdm:
I didn't remember that the Protection from Undead scrolls were not in the normal game. After you mentioned it the little light came on, and I said "Opps". Sorry. Can you remove that boot from my backside now, please?
Ah, I see. No worries, I was just pointing out the weirdness.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:25 PM   #15
Atalanta
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Am wondering where Sir Willow found his Boots of Speed?
Atalanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 01:28 PM   #16
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Atalanta:
Am wondering where Sir Willow found his Boots of Speed?
Spoiler
~
~
~
~
Severed Hand.
Old 11-07-2002, 01:44 PM   #17
Atalanta
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks! I missed them somehow, what level were they on?
Atalanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 01:53 PM   #18
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Atalanta:
Thanks! I missed them somehow, what level were they on?
If memory serves me well,
~
~
~
~
you have to fight the Female Elven Warrior for it.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:05 PM   #19
Roboghost
Manshoon

This is fair...but
el defeat-o of the game-o
For game playing purposes, I play a Druid and a Ranger (everybody is Something Neutral). Anyway, I take my Chaotic Elven Mage and make the Druid invisible--he/she then can become a walking static nightmare to the unwary creatures. You have to waste the first set of charges, but it's kill-kill-kill after that--do some calculations on a 30th level Druid--and see what a death trap THAT is. Boots of Speed may help here as well. The Ranger can join later for even more pain. Imagine replacing the Ranger with another Druid--ouch (remember that they are supposed to be "rare" though).

"Think upon it."
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 06:51 PM   #20
NobleNick
Quintesson

Roboghost,

Welcome to the forum! . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] . [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

And thanks for sharing your cheesy trick. I like it!

SirWillow,

I finally did that experiment on flaming hidden enemies.... and confirmed that you are correct:

Sashii, my thief/Illusionist mc, found some enemies tightly packed in a room in Severed Hand, while she was hid in shadows. She retreated out of the room (out of sight of enemies) and placed a fireball where it would be virtually on top of the nearest bad guy: lots of death and damage. *AND* since they couldn't see her, they didn't come out of the room! I could have launched another fireball, but saved the spell and brought down the rest of the troops to finish the job.

(Incidentally, one of the victims had priest powers, and used them to heal himself while I was bringing in reinforcements. Even though I couldn't see him, the text log showed me that he was healing up.)

So, it looks as though I just miscalulated distance, or enemies in the fog moved, during my previous experiences of "no damage to enemies you can't see."

Party On!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote